Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Loaded up my BX2200 Kubota with FEL on my 16' single axle trailer and hauled it on a 90 mile roundtrip for service. Pleasantly surprised, tows as well as my former F-150 Lariat with 5.4 power. RPM's ranged between 1500 and 3000. Braking was exceptional! Ride was also great. Load was approximately 2200# plus the trailer. Did notice quite a drop in MPG since I had been averaging 20+. With 280 miles on this tank with 90 miles towing, I received 17.5. Not bad when you consider the hilly conditions. Overall I am very pleased.

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
Thanks for posting this report.

·
Registered
64 Posts
25 Year Honda Owner said:
Loaded up my BX2200 Kubota with FEL on my 16' single axle trailer and hauled it on a 90 mile roundtrip for service. Pleasantly surprised, tows as well as my former F-150 Lariat with 5.4 power. RPM's ranged between 1500 and 3000. Braking was exceptional! Ride was also great. Load was approximately 2200# plus the trailer. Did notice quite a drop in MPG since I had been averaging 20+. With 280 miles on this tank with 90 miles towing, I received 17.5. Not bad when you consider the hilly conditions. Overall I am very pleased.

I'm glad to read your report. I have a BX 2230 and have been thinking about trailering it to the dealer for future service rather than pay the dealer $150 to do the same roundtrip. What brand/dimensions is your trailer. I was hoping a 6x12 trailer could haul it with the FEL. Also, how did you secure it?

jam

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheap local manufactured 16' trailer with last 18" of the bed sloped to aid in loading. Tailgate is rigid enough to support tractor for loading. Only attachment is a log chain around the FEL and the front rail. For some reason I cannot attach photos. Mail me direct and I will forward photos.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts