Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve always used a 1up rack. It’s a great design, don’t have to remove wheel, quick to load and unload. Solid design.

Built a custom rack for my crv. And just rebuilt for the Ridgeline. The factory hitch mount is big and bulky because it has options to fold up etc. but I don’t need all that function and built this for a fraction of the cost.

I used my existing 1up roof rack. I like it because it has a slotted base to slip carriage bikes in. Which makes it really versatile...

I bought:
2” x 24” square tube.
2” bumper mount. For the flat plate mount. Trimmed excess plate and drilled to mount a 55” piece of 2” angle...
Then mounted one up rack.

Trimmed 2” tube do that it doesn’t expend past the tail gate when lowered.
But left a big enough gap that I can slip in to access the trunk area.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
It looks like a good design for the smaller 1 UP. I have a 4 1 UP and with 4 bikes that far out I'm afraid it's too much weight that far away from the hitch. Probably just fine for the 1 or even 2 but I won't be thinking of trying it for the 4 bike unit.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh it’s much more solid than the factory 1up hitch. Grade8 bolting and the receiver hitch mount I used is rated for 5000lbs. Way over designed. Lol 🤘🏻 I only ride one bike at a time and mostly alone because I ride SS 😂, and I never take the rack off unless I have to haul something on my trailer... so it’ the perfect setup. Leaves the entire bed trunk for camping gear. 😁⛺

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Yep, with my 4 bike I have to fold it down to access the tailgate. We ride big rides with many other riders and I am always carrying 4 bikes and usually 4 in my Ridge too. The 1 UP is head and shoulders better than any of my other 4 bike racks.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

1up’s are the best! Same rack bolted to the carrier on my crv. Really cool setup. Strap all the dirty gear on the carrier and go! The roof rack is really cool. Can be mounted in many ways. 🤘🏻

1 - 5 of 5 Posts