Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2021 RTL-E, Lunar Silver Metallic
656 Posts
Are those lower profile tires? The wheels look very good, but the tire circumference may be the same.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The stock tires are 245/60R18 and the new tires are 255/50R20, so the sidewall is smaller, but the overall diameter is .4" bigger. Even though the diameter isn't too much bigger, I think the wheel itself being bigger helps the proportions in the wheel-well.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Weight difference?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am seeking one of those 18-inch wheel/tires that were removed.
Where are you ... as I has cash to buy.

Thanks!
I wasn't planning on selling the other setup since the truck is a lease and I was planning to just put the stock wheels and tires back on at the end so I didn't have to buy new tires at that time.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Yes, the wheels and the entire truck look nice.
Chrome door handles = RTL-E

I am beginning to suspect that the BE and the RTL-E are the most popular and thus the largest quantity of Ridgeline made. Then, it is the Sport ... a price-point truck. The least popular is the RTL, yeah?

Are the RTL-E and BE wheels (which is also on the RTL) ... forged wheels?
If so, then I suspect the Sport model's wheels are cast wheels ... hence the "more spokes" ..

Anyone know?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Found a helluva deal on FB Marketplace for the wheels and I'd be wanting to go a little bigger to hopefully take up more of the wheel-well, so I got them put on today...
I did the exact same thing the first time I needed new tires for my 2006... All these years, had no problem, but, bigger tires changes your speed... When your speedometer says 70, you're doing 72.. If you use Google Navigation, it will show you your actual speed, which you can compare to your speedometer, so when you need to know the truth, you will...

·
Registered
4 Posts
I bought my RTL-E used and it had mods done as it was the showroom truck - so I'm told. Pilot Elite 20's,/Grill/RoofRack/Running Boards... but 20s came with -245/50 R20-'s. Time for new treads and the one's it came with never really impressed me in handling or cold/snow etc. So question of clarity is: The 255/50 R20's will fit with no rub or issue? Appreciate any info/response.. because the 245/50's I look at are under rated at 102 on the load rating. (except the General Altimax that I already have - are 105's) Thanks df
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Automotive parking light

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I bought my RTL-E used and it had mods done as it was the showroom truck - so I'm told. Pilot Elite 20's,/Grill/RoofRack/Running Boards... but 20s came with -245/50 R20-'s. Time for new treads and the one's it came with never really impressed me in handling or cold/snow etc. So question of clarity is: The 255/50 R20's will fit with no rub or issue? Appreciate any info/response.. because the 245/50's I look at are under rated at 102 on the load rating. (except the General Altimax that I already have - are 105's) Thanks df
Yes, they fit no problem (y)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts