Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I am going to get my RTL soon and was thinking of putting 20" rimms + tires on them. This should make the truck higher I think? :act060: Makes it look a lot "powerful/macho...etc" . However I saw a picture of a truck in one of the threads where the owner mentioned that the dealer installed 2" lift. Now it looked good although the tires looked small for the truck.
My question: what are the pros/cons to each way. Will the tire pressure sensors still work if I put 20" rims / tires?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,566 Posts
Your wheels won't be any bigger just because they are 20". My 20's are almost exactly the same size of the stock wheels because the tires are pretty much the same size which is 275/45/20. The 20" wheels being bigger is actually an optical illusion because the inside space around the hub is larger, not the tires themselves.

This picture shows my truck with the Truxxx lift kit and OEM Michelins.

This picture shows my truck with the Truxxx lift kit and Cooper Zeon LTZ tires which are virtually the same size as stock. The difference is less than 1%

This 3rd picture is my truck with the Truxxx lift kit and stock wheels but with 265/65/17 Hankook Dynapro ATM's. Believe it or not these tires have a 3% larger circumference than the Cooper Zeons on the 20" wheels. They are about 5/8 of an inch taller.

The easiest way to see the difference in the size of the tires is to look at the gap between the front tire and the mud flap.

·
Premium Member
4,575 Posts
It depends on what you want. Are you looking to go off roading a lot, then you might want to stick with 18 or 19" wheels and upsize the tires a bit. If you're looking for a street look, than 20"s with a nice street tread are great. The top pic is normal ride height and the bottom is with the airbags dropped....about the only time I experience any rubbing, BTW.

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Guys,
Thanks for the pictures and info guys, I am looking for a rugged look but I will not go off road.
So what should i go for, and how about the pressure sensors? For tires what will give me a rugged look as I am not experienced with tires.

Thanks.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Hi Guys,
Thanks for the pictures and info guys, I am looking for a rugged look but I will not go off road.
So what should i go for, and how about the pressure sensors? For tires what will give me a rugged look as I am not experienced with tires.

Thanks.
Maybe something like this 20"s x 8.5 with 255/50/20

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Asimo,
Perfect :act035: that is what I am looking to achieve, can you please explain - dummies guide - !
I also like your rimm choice, what model are they.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Asimo,
Perfect :act035: that is what I am looking to achieve, can you please explain - dummies guide - !
I also like your rimm choice, what model are they.

Thanks.
They are 20" x 8.5 Lorenzo's WL21 with 255/50/20 Yokohama's Parada S
Just the perfect fit (no rubbing)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I just bought mine off ebay. It's about $2 cheaper than their website and it comes from them. ;act028:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts