Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driver side map light doesn't turn on when opening the door, but does work when pushing the switch. I replaced the bulbs first to rule that out and still didn't work, however, I gave it a couple love taps and it worked until after I turned the car on/off.

One suggestion I tried was to replace the actual switch with one from mouser electronics (part# SPED210200) and the light still doesn't come on when the door opens. I didn't have a socket set with me to pull the entire map light/console out, but did look up in there and noticed a lot of rust on the base plate. Is there a ground connection up there that could be corroded? The car does have a sunroof.

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
22,577 Posts
This has been a common issue on both our Pilot and RL. The fix has typically been any or a combination of simple things.
-Remove the bulb, turn it around and re-insert.
-Remove the fixture itself (4 bolts and unclip the harness), and remove the switches, bend the pins one way or another.
-Remove the fixture, swap the switches side-to-side.
-buy cheap replacement switches from Mouser and replace the switches
-etc.

The hardest part is figuring out how to remove the lenses without breaking them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJeJtizKT3o#t=71

http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1043170&postcount=99

·
Registered
44 Posts
i just had that issue tonight....take the 4 screws out....switched the passenger and drivers switch....cleaned the terminals and all was good....except the passenger light does not work....the switch has a double purpose....it has possitive all the time but negative when the door opens or when the switch is depressed.....my switch was burnt up, melted a bit....the light gets its ground from the screw closest to the passenger headlight when using the switch. The ground from the car door is the negative in the connector......sooooo the connector has a positive all the time and a negative from car door switch.....when you press the switch, the light gets the negative from the screw to the roof

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
There's info in a thread here somewhere that identifies just the switch that you can buy separately. VERY much cheaper than replacing the Honda part (requires whole assembly to be replaced @ about $40 if I recall correctly.

You'll have to search, but someone on here has provided that info (switch only).

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
22,577 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts