Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2006 Black RTS 'Zapko Motorsports Edition' (updated)

Hey gang,
Finally got around to finishing up some loose ends in the 'build' of this daily driver, and had an opportunity to take some pics. Just picked it up about 7 months ago, and it has been outstanding (no surprise). Stay tuned for more pics and possibly another few modifications, but it's basically finished. (I've said that thousands of times about thousands of projects, just ask my wife!) With a family, racing, work and other bikes to build, it sometimes doesn't get the attention that it should, but after last weekend's clay/buff/Klasse, it's looking pretty clean. Enjoy! All Comments are welcome.

Stats:
2006 Honda Ridgeline RTS Nighthawk Black Pearl
40,000 miles

Mods:
KnN Intake/heatshield
Gibson Stainless catback exhaust with painted muffler, and substituted glass pack for resonator
Magnefine dual stage transmission filter
Truxx 2" lift
Custom drilled XD Rockstar wheels (20") with custom painted center star
Painted Calipers
Cooper Zeon 275s
OEM Honda Fender Flares with custom mudflaps
Retrax bed cover
Grillcraft Grill
Lund Hood/Bug guard
6000K HID conversion
All bed, brake, license and interior lights replaced with LEDs from superbrightleds.com
ISimple Ipod adapter, and 80G Ipod just for the Ridge
Weathertech floor covers (front and rear)
Leather steering wheel wrap
Viper Alarm with angle sensor and remote start
Tinted windows

There's probably more, but that's all I can remember right now.
Thanks for looking, more pics to come!

The day I brought her home:

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Grind, Grind, Grind... and just when you get everything mounted up. Grind some more... custom ground mudflaps with factory flares..

Painted stars (used to be chrome... blah!)

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Interior shots... nothing exciting, but I LOVE those weathertechs, and my little girl LOVES the truck and having her "own window"!

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Paint looking pretty good after 5 years and 40K miles..... I love black.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Fill 'er up... again.... and again....

·
Premium Member
11,332 Posts
Great job on the truck and the pictures!!! :act035:

·
Premium Member
6,890 Posts
Those of us that own black vehicles can truly relate to just how much work it takes to get that wet look & mirror like finish!

Your truck exudes that clean black on black motif very well. :act035:

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Those of us that own black vehicles can truly relate to just how much work it takes to get that wet look & mirror like finish!

Your truck exudes that clean black on black motif very well. :act035:
I appreciate the compliments. I seem to sway back and forth. A carnuba final coat will give the paint much more depth, a wet look. The acrylic glaze gives an unbelievably crisp reflection, like a mirror. It's sometimes difficult to even take pictures after a glaze. I should have waited for a cloudy day.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Nice ridgeline

·
Registered
175 Posts
Way cool!
That is one bad ass truck.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Lots of work invested! What are these OEM fender flares????
Yes, sir. They are a bit pricey, but I felt I could use a bit more protection after seeing how far the new wheels protruded from the wheel wells.

FYI, I will have the 4 factory mudflaps for sale. I know this is not the place to advertise that, so I will make a separate thread in 'for sale'.

Thanks again, everyone.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.