Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
22,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My Pilot has been making this noise for a long time now. While nothing seems affected, it's an annoyance we've lived with for a long time.

I came across this thread in the MDX forum from our very own hokiefyd and believe this is the same noise I have.

http://www.mdxers.org/forums/14-problems/45115-noisy-hvac.html

I'm not sure I want to dive into this, but if I do, I wonder how difficult it is to get to the motor box on the 2006 Pilot?

Anyone know? It sounds similar to this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iuea88DVrFo

hokiefyd? If you see this, it is the front air mix control motor?

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
22,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)

·
Super Moderator
5,520 Posts
Let us know how the "fix" works out for you. Never fun to go through those contortions to work under the dash.

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
I'm no DYI person when it comes to fixing vehicles. I over the years have taken very good care of mine and sisters. I have learned from reading seeing taking few auto classes ect. So am pretty good at sounds and symptoms of vehicles sometimes.
So with my 2000 Acura TL purchase new 12/99 had issue with tapping sound from dash. It was something related to A/C. So this was about 6yrs ago I took car in for service for something else and had them check this issue as well. This was Acura Dealer. Service advisor told me it was Air Mix Motor. She has been my advisor for about 12yrs. She said it would be about $400 to replace and then said just let it break. It just would make the tapping noise when car was first started in mourning or I had Climate Control set in auto position and temperature change. Would only do it for 10 seconds or so. My car has been out of action about year and half. Could be cat or Ignition coil problems. June 2014 was running fine to me had went out suburbs to shop got 3 blocks from home check engine light TCS lights
came on. Car started shaking and loss of power.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts