Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

My factory provided exhaust system is rusty(especially behind catalytic converter). I am wondering if I could replace this with an after market exhaust system with some decent sound.

Do aftermarket exhaust system impact engine life or create more maintenance issues?
What are some of the best recommendation?

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mcchizzle,

Thanks for sharing your suggestion.
The above ones are kind of way out of my budget, so I ended up purchasing yonaka cat back exhaust.

Please see the sound comparison here. (Please use headset for clear clarity)

· Registered
2011 RTL
232 Posts
Nothing fits! It's a 3" turndown. I've got a cheap chrome one from Amazon welded on with an adaptor inside. I periodically look for a dual resonated tip like on the flowmaster dbx system and if I ever find one the correct size I'll have it cut and welded on coming straight out. Currently ugly but effective. If you have the factory j pipe and 3rd cat, the resonance may not be an issue but it turned my bed into a sound chamber

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nothing fits! It's a 3" turndown. I've got a cheap chrome one from Amazon welded on with an adaptor inside. I periodically look for a dual resonated tip like on the flowmaster dbx system and if I ever find one the correct size I'll have it cut and welded on coming straight out. Currently ugly but effective. If you have the factory j pipe and 3rd cat, the resonance may not be an issue but it turned my bed into a sound chamber
Do you think this is what you are looking at. The tip is angled.
Stainless Steel Car Exhaust Tip, 2.5" to 3.3" Universal Car Exhaust Pipe Modification Tail Throat Tail Pipe, Steel Exhaust Tips Chrome-Plated Finish Tailpipe (Silver/B Style) https://a.co/d/eG5Y4F3

· Registered
2011 RTL
232 Posts
I tried a bolt on 1st and it fell off on a railroad track. Now I've got a crappy chrome one welded on until I can find the right tip and go to a exhaust shop to remove the turndown and reroute. The problem with the 3 inch turn down is its gotta be over 3" to slip over

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts