Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
So - lots of accessories - but I think that things like splash guards ect should come standard. Will it in the end be cheaper to go to a third party supplier for these accessories.

·
ROC Founder, Admin
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can *almost always* buy cheaper accessories in the aftermarket world. That being said, our accessories sponsor: H-and-A Accessories will do a great job to provide us with special member pricing in addition to their normal low prices on OEM accessories.

When the Ridgeline is out, we'll start running some good stuff with them so stay tuned!

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
T Mac,
The site you linked to refers to a rear seat DVD system as a dealer installed accessory. The salesman at the local dealership told me this morning that the Honda folks at the ride and drive he attended yesterday said that no rear seat DVD was available. He also didn't think that it would be a dealer installed item, either. Have you found anything out to the contrary?

The rear seat DVD is by no means a deal breaker for me. There are plenty of aftermarket options available.

·
Registered
152 Posts
H & A is great, I've many accessories from them. Quick turnaround and prices seem good. I would go for the after market for the DVD if possible. Much cheaper and a better selection. But if you get a deal from dealer go for it as it will be covered by the Honda warrantee.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
MTH said:
I recently purchased an RTL w/ a roof rack. Is the rack removeable?
Yes, although you will need to purchase new gutter strips (parts 7 & 8 in the picture below from College Hills Honda). The rack is held in place with 12 torx nuts. The bolts are welded into the roof. The cross bars can be removed too, but you still have to remove the whole rack to do that. Several owners have just removed the cross bars to reduce wind noise.
Congratulations on your purchase.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Car companies are learning a lot of things from Harley Davidson. They sell you a vehicle and then they sell you all the accessories that should have come standard with the vehicle for the price that you paid for it.
Pretty clever!!! (While we get screwed).

·
Registered
315 Posts
Just bought a cert used Ridgeline, 06. Thinking about buying an aftermarket product for it....which should I buy first??

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
Just bought a cert used Ridgeline, 06. Thinking about buying an aftermarket product for it....which should I buy first??
That's a tough question. Depends on a lot of things...what you like...how much you wanna spend...are you looking to upgrade the looks...are you looking to upgrade the sound system...etc.

I added a few things to my truck, and I went in this order...

1. Locking Lugs
  2. Mud Flaps
  3. Bug Shield/Deflector
  4. Running Boards
  5. Side Protectors
  6. Tonneau
  7. Hitch/Harness
Things I would like to add...that I don't have the $ for right now...

1. Rear View Camera
  2. Headrest DVD Players
  3. Bull Bar
  4. Hitch Step
  5. Dimming Rear View Mirror
  6. ARE or Leer Cap
  7. New/Different Wheels
Anyway...there is quite a few OEM and after market items out there...your only limitations are your imagination and how deep your pockets are.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts