Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Cool! The RTS is 30,075--right in my price range. Do you think they will sell at a premium when they first come out? How long do you think it will be before the dealers are willing to haggle?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I think that Honda should have priced it about $2000 to $3000 lower for each line. I know they only plan on selling 50,000 each year but they could sell more if they cut the price a little. I can get a 2005 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew for less than the top-of-the-line Ridgeline. The F-150 has a bigger engine, higher towing capacity, more interior room and an interior that rivals a luxury SUV.

My wife has an Odyssey and I have a '98 F-150 so I was eager to see what Honda was going to offer in their new "truck" but once I saw the prices that made my decision easy. I will be getting an '05 F-150 Lariat for the price of the RTS model.

You can bet that it will be 6 months or more before Honda offers anything below MSRP.

I know that everyone is going to try to compare the quality of Ford vs. Honda but I have had my truck for 7 years and only had to replace the spark plugs and wires (other than routine maintenance).

·
Registered
152 Posts
I'm sure the F150 is good truck, after all Ford sells a bunch of them. The latest redesign was a great improvement. But the F150 is too big, uses to much gas and drives like a truck which is why I am not too interested in one. The Ridgeline on the other hand is mid-sized on the exterior but the cabin approaches the size of the full size trucks. It should also use less gas and have better emissions. Plus it will drive like a car, which is important to me.

I doubt anyone will be getting too much below MSRP for a while.

·
Registered
4 Posts
1manparty said:
I'm sure the F150 is good truck, after all Ford sells a bunch of them. The latest redesign was a great improvement. But the F150 is too big, uses to much gas and drives like a truck which is why I am not too interested in one. The Ridgeline on the other hand is mid-sized on the exterior but the cabin approaches the size of the full size trucks. It should also use less gas and have better emissions. Plus it will drive like a car, which is important to me.

I doubt anyone will be getting too much below MSRP for a while.
God forbid a truck drives like a truck...lol. Have you driven the new F-150? It may still drive like a truck but it is one of the quietest and smoothest rides of any vehicle that I have ever driven. Interior decibel levels at 70 mph are equal to or better than $100K luxury cars. Sure beats the road noise in my wife's Odyssey.

I realize that the Ridgline will appeal to those who do not want a full-size truck, I just do not understand the pricing. It is equal to the Odyssey and with the Odyssey you get an extra row of seats, power sliding doors, etc., etc. To me, it is not worth what they are asking for it.

·
ROC Founder, Admin
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The latest F-style body on Ford pickups, to me, is really sharp. There's no way I could afford one of those nice, big Fords and I'm not sure I'd buy one even if I could afford one.

I think the Ridgeline is priced about right and I'm anxious to see how it sells.

·
Registered
152 Posts
The current F-150 is a nice looking truck, interior and exterior. Ford has improved on its quality a lot. But the F-150 is too big for my needs or wants.

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
I agree with the above poster. A full sized truck is too much for what I would need a truck for on a daily basis. For me, the Ridgeline is a nice mix of utility and on road manners.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have a full size Chevy P/U now and it is too much for me. The ridgeline seems to be a much better size. I am 90% sold.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I dunno...to be brutally honest, if the gas prices wouldn't be as high ( and it will be even higher as time goes...), I would drive a badass turbodiesel dually...simply because I like it's looks and the way it drives...but I'm trying to be reasonable and considerate and that's why I drive an Element. It's a bit small for my needs, therefore I'm flirting with an idea of a Ridgeline. Oh, I hate myself... :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts