Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have 2006 with 245000 miles. When it gets below 50 it makes nosie which gets worse when turning wheel or increase in RPM. Seems to be the bearing on the pump. I have changed the fluid 3 times and reservior 2 times. Where is best place to buy a new pump. hard to DIY?? cant be too bad.
thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
easy diy , remove drive belt, remove the two lines and two bolts hold it on. Replace the seal on the high pressure line

·
Premium Member
1,817 Posts
have 2006 with 245000 miles. When it gets below 50 it makes nosie which gets worse when turning wheel or increase in RPM. Seems to be the bearing on the pump. I have changed the fluid 3 times and reservior 2 times. Where is best place to buy a new pump. hard to DIY?? cant be too bad.
thanks
Unless you've already eliminated it... there is a chance the O ring on the suction side of the pump is allowing air to enter the system. Before jumping into the expense of a pump, you might wanna try replacing it.

Honda PN: 91370-SV4-000
$1.05 at my local stealer.
Cheap & easy might do the trick. Mine wasn't bad but was on its way.

PS_Oring_Flat.jpg

PS_Oring_Flat1.jpg

Give it a shot!

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
My 2010 w/90,000 has made noise last two winters now. Today I finally checked fluid level and it was below the bottom line. Bought some safe for Honda AutoZone fluid last year so finally used it. I'll see what it does.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts