Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Hood release cable is disconnected or broken under the hood and, of course, the hood is shut. The plastic handle is connected to the release rod and slides back and forth w/o any tension.

any ideas on how to open the hood given this issue? read someplace that someone took off the drivers wheel and got access to the cable but if it's broken right at the hood release in the front, how would that help?

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
If it is broken or disconnected at the latch it is a HUGE problem.
Most of the time when this happens I end up having to destroy the grille.
If you have a flashlight and a 1/4 inch drive 10mm socket on a ten inch extension, you MIGHT be able to work your way up to the hood latch and unbolt it. It has happened. I have never had to do this on a Ridgeline, but its not different enough from other vehicles.

The hood release cable does come through the driver side wheel well, but that is only a benefit if the cable is broken at the handle end, which I have ever ever seen. :(

Let me know if I can help any further.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Local mechanic fixed the problem. Put it on a lift and was able to reach hood release - not sure how. The cable had slipped loose from the catch. Put a new cable in - needed to remove driver's wheel to remove access panels. Total bill $163 which included $25 for new cable - about $10 more than street price - but no complaints.

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
22,591 Posts
That's the first report of that issue that I can recall here. Glad to hear you got it fixed.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Local mechanic fixed the problem. Put it on a lift and was able to reach hood release - not sure how. The cable had slipped loose from the catch. Put a new cable in - needed to remove driver's wheel to remove access panels. Total bill $163 which included $25 for new cable - about $10 more than street price - but no complaints.
He got it from the bottom ?

That takes skill !!!!!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts