Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, i am new to the thread and have read thru many of them about the trailer wiring issues. Spent 4 hours yesterday trying to trouble shoot the issue. get no power to the rear harness plug. after reading up on it, i installed fuses in the aux fuse box near the driver side firewall. i located the relays under the dash and only see 3 of them. do i need the 4th to complete the circuit? im pretty mechanically inclined but this has me stumped. please help

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I printed out the manual from Honda and its a bit confusing. Im thinking a connector is unplugged under the dash or the relay is missing. I get power to all of the aux fuse slots and seem to get nothing to the back of the truck. i cant see a wire being shorted out.

·
Registered
888 Posts
there are two relays that must be installed under the dash. They should have been in the wiring harness kit from Honda. The one above the steering column is a bear to find and reach.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Beware! I believe there may be more than one harness specified for 2006 RLs... and you need to go by VIN to be sure you have the right one? Contact the guys at H&A (handa.com) to verify you have the correct one (if you haven't already verified by VIN). They are pretty well versed in this subject over there.
I know this changed over the 2006-2009 period, but I don't recall for sure if there was more than one in 2006 (I think there was at one point).

You ARE using OEM harness, correct? If not, your best bet is to rip out whatever you have in there & put in the OEM harness. There is a myriad of issues reported that end up being associated with aftermarket trailer harness.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys for the help. Again today I attempted it. No luck. Near the driver door is a relay pack. There was only 3 there and one empty. I bought another relay and install it. Still the same, no lights whatsoever. This was an OEM harness not aftermarket. I verified I have power to all of the aux fuses via a meter. So it's somewhere between that aux box and the rear plug. I'm stumped

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Thanks guys for the help. Again today I attempted it. No luck. Near the driver door is a relay pack. There was only 3 there and one empty. I bought another relay and install it. Still the same, no lights whatsoever. This was an OEM harness not aftermarket. I verified I have power to all of the aux fuses via a meter. So it's somewhere between that aux box and the rear plug. I'm stumped
... hate to beat a dead horse, but since you're stumped, I'll ask to clarify.... was it the OEM harness for YOUR Ridgeline? Do you know what part number it is?? Did you buy it from dealer, Ebay or ??? There are multiple versions for different years/models where the wiring is different on each one. Just trying to rule out that you could be chasing your tail if someone sold you the wrong harness.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
I'm up to talk to,anyone. My cell is 585-397-6588. I just bought the truck in October.
Try these guys: H&A Honda
Call or Text us at: 916-919-7981 (Monday - Friday 9:00 to 3:00 Pacific Time)
Note: Emails are typically a faster way to get a hold of us.
[email protected]

FYI, I believe the P/N harness you should be using for your 2006 is P/N 08L91-SJC-100B. You already have the install instructions from a link in a previous post.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I tried them they are closed. With this install instructions in the above post it shows a control module which I do not have anywhere underneath the dash. The only spot I have for relays is the driver side panel area which I installed the 4th one. Nothing else seems out of the ordinary under the dash, there isn't any hanging plugs left that are empty.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,262 Posts
The Plug under the Dash has "Blue Tape" if I remember and it is way burried up under the dash. It would almost be easier to pull the drivers seat and then give yourself room to work under the dash.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Take a look at this thread:
http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65345

This member captured a very detailed look at your process. He was doing a 2007, so it should be very similar. Note the "blue tape" connector pictured that you have to cut tape to re position (reverse direction) to do your install.
That OP made reference to "lots of threads" on this topic, so if you have time & inclination, you might even want to search for more. But this one looked pretty helpful.... see what you think.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts