Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

2006 ridgeline trailer wiring issues

3K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Dnick 
#1 ·
Hello, i am new to the thread and have read thru many of them about the trailer wiring issues. Spent 4 hours yesterday trying to trouble shoot the issue. get no power to the rear harness plug. after reading up on it, i installed fuses in the aux fuse box near the driver side firewall. i located the relays under the dash and only see 3 of them. do i need the 4th to complete the circuit? im pretty mechanically inclined but this has me stumped. please help

Discussion starter · #3 ·
I printed out the manual from Honda and its a bit confusing. Im thinking a connector is unplugged under the dash or the relay is missing. I get power to all of the aux fuse slots and seem to get nothing to the back of the truck. i cant see a wire being shorted out.

Discussion starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys for the help. Again today I attempted it. No luck. Near the driver door is a relay pack. There was only 3 there and one empty. I bought another relay and install it. Still the same, no lights whatsoever. This was an OEM harness not aftermarket. I verified I have power to all of the aux fuses via a meter. So it's somewhere between that aux box and the rear plug. I'm stumped

Discussion starter · #10 ·
I tried them they are closed. With this install instructions in the above post it shows a control module which I do not have anywhere underneath the dash. The only spot I have for relays is the driver side panel area which I installed the 4th one. Nothing else seems out of the ordinary under the dash, there isn't any hanging plugs left that are empty.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.