Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
ROC Founder, Admin
2,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you would like to have your truck in the running for the top install of the year to receive our first annual Ridgy Award, please post a reply to this thread with details and images.

Note: To keep this thread clean and easy to see the nominees, please hold back from lots of replies unless they are necessary to review the nominee.

We'll let this thread run until Tuesday morning on the 26th. I'll then create a Poll and we'll let that run until New Year's Eve. The one with the most votes wins the title and will also win a prize from the ROC home office.

Good luck to all involved! We appreciate all of the work you've done, so you are all winners to us. :) Let's have fun..start showing off those installs!

·
Registered
107 Posts
DJDJ's Rear View Monitor - Top Install of the Year

I go with my original post and once again Nominate DJDJ for his rear LCD MOnitor
I figure regular posters might appreciate nominating the best installs or ideas for this year since we are coming to the end of this one. They can hold a Ridgy award if we can get Tom or an Admin to designate the Virtual title.<P>
To start it out, I totally nominate DJDJ for his LCD in the rear headliner. This is the simplest yet most ingenious install ever. I criticized some of his install for having to many different finishes and colors but this idea he struck gold on. To be able to look back and see you bumper at the same time is the absolute safest thing you could do with this or any truck. There are too many people that will not even bother to turn their fat a**es around to see whats around them. Mirrors are supplements to eyes, not substitutes. Anyway, here is the link to the best use of an LCD that I have seen.
http://www.thebaseonline.com/ridgeli...vinstall5.html

Attachments

·
Registered
107 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
107 Posts
Cubby Cover. Although it is probably more proto than install, I think people will be buying these up. I can totally see Honda offering trademark $$ to use this in the future. Guys, you really should push this to Honda.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
It seems pretty basic, but I think ChrisM's in-bed 12V outlet is worth a mention. A great concept & something that "shoulda come from the factory."

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
djeaux said:
It seems pretty basic, but I think ChrisM's in-bed 12V outlet is worth a mention. A great concept & something that "shoulda come from the factory."
Can we see a Pic? Install details would be nice...:cool:

·
Registered
107 Posts
I guess I have to do the work since I started this thing. Here is the 12V bed install. Its utilitarian but I know its hard to make a 12V outlet bling :) . I agree its still a trick install though.

Attachments

·
Registered
107 Posts

Attachments

·
ROC Founder, Admin
2,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice work! Congrats to sxewhodey, the first recipient of our annual Ridgey Award for top install of the year (2006). I'll contact you soon to get your information so I can send you a prize.

Thanks for sharing your info and pics. And thanks for being a part of the ROC!

·
Registered
20 Posts
joseesteban12 - that is AWESOME!!!! I have always wanted to do something like that - a little something to get the jerk in front of you who's on his cell phone moving!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Cubby Cover. Although it is probably more proto than install, I think people will be buying these up. I can totally see Honda offering trademark $$ to use this in the future. Guys, you really should push this to Honda.
good evening my friend this is top quality panelling if you have that on the market him realy interest to buy one.is it possible to no more detail about it best regard jean-louis

·
Registered
208 Posts
Does anyone have a link to how DJDJ put in the rear view camera? The link earlier in this thread doesn't work.

I'd like to put in a rear view camera and that looks like a good spot rather than on the windshield with the rest of my stuff (radar detector, ipod, gps)

·
Registered
170 Posts
1 - 20 of 29 Posts