Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im purchasing a Chinese Android head unit with a Key-1 and a Key-2 wire. Ive seen so many conflicting threads on this. Lots of people buy the module. Some seem like they dont need it. Im sorry if Im beating a dead horse. But do I need to buy a ASWC-1 Steering Wheel Control Interface? And if not what is the process to getting this to work?
If its easier to use the module that would be good to know also. Just trying to see if I can save $45. I really do appreciate everyone's help on this site.

Thank you!!
Ryan

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No replies...at this point Id even appreciate a superfluous 'use the search feature' comment. :)

I have an android radio that has a Key1 wire and a Key2 wire. I found the wire plans for an 06 RL. Can someone tell me if I can take these KEY1 and KEY2 radio wires and tap them into which wires on this attached schematic to get the SWCs to work and if so how?
Thank you. I would appreciate any help at all.
4.jpg

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found some info on the Honda Pilot message board. I think I'll try it.

PIN 3 grn/red wire to the KEY1 wire from my HU
PIN 11 brn wire to chassis ground.
KEY2 wire from HU not used.

I'll keep you posted. Im not the best with understanding some of this wiring so I just wanted to double check so that I dont hurt the car or the stereo.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts