Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a small white plastic valve coming from the underside of the front bumper on the driver's side. I'm not sure how long this has been here, had my timing belt and water pump done last year. What is this valve for? I cannot clearly see what it attaches to. When I turned the valve a reddish liquid came out in a slow drip. Does anyone have a service manual available for download?
IMG_20200816_200532142.jpg

·
Premium Member
2009 Ridgeline RTL (with nav) in Bali Blue Pearl
2,458 Posts
That is not OEM by any means! I have no idea why someone would install that drain valve.

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
22,879 Posts
Definitely not OEM. Can you get a picture where it attaches to whatever it's draining?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I noticed my coolant reservoir was empty and was thinking they might be related, but the coolant is bright blue, this looked a rusty red color, kind of smelled like vinegar. I cannot follow the line very well without removing the wheel well walls and or bumper

·
Premium Member
2009 Ridgeline RTL (with nav) in Bali Blue Pearl
2,458 Posts
It could be part of a homemade or some store brand radiator flushing kit.

·
Super Moderator
22,879 Posts
I noticed my coolant reservoir was empty and was thinking they might be related, but the coolant is bright blue, this looked a rusty red color, kind of smelled like vinegar. I cannot follow the line very well without removing the wheel well walls and or bumper
When cool, check your radiator and make sure it's full, then fill the overflow jug with Honda coolant to the appropriate fill line. If you've lost that much coolant, I'd be checking my tranny fluid too and make sure you don't have any SMOD or head gasket issues in the works.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

I finally got a chance to get under the hood again and found that there is a second valve about 8 inches from the first. Looks like it is threaded directly onto something behind the bumper. Anyone have an idea what has a connection point there?
I should probably order a haynes or similar manual.

·
Super Moderator
22,879 Posts
The only thing I can think of behind the bumper is the ATF cooler in front of the radiator.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts