Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey to all that are knowledgeable in this field of the ridge, I have a 2006 RTS and the dashboard, pillars (either side of windshield), and glove box rattle terribly. If I am driving o a remotely bumpy road it bothers me a great deal if anyone could give me a heads up on why or how to fix this issue it would be great! Thanks!

·
Registered
41 Posts
My glove box was also rattling a bit. I got a few of the little clear bumpers from Walmart they sell in hardware near furniture pad section.

·
Registered
2007 Nimbus Grey Metallic RTL
10,097 Posts
I have this issue, too. At first, I thought it was coming from the dash, then the tweeter cover on the passenger side, then a few other places before I finally realized it was just coming from the glove box. I've been too lazy to fix it over the past few months, plus it's cold outside. If you can recreate it, try pushing on the glove box to see if it completely goes away. If it does, there are several different methods of fixing it on here. If it doesn't, well, you're going on a scavenger hunt, my friend...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thanks for the feedback everyone, its coming from the pillars. Im going to a body shop to have them fixed.
Ps. Check out my new photo, I had a professional do a shoot and edit it now its up. The real photo is 12.3 megapixel so its a lot smaller on my page than in reality. If u would like a photo edited of your own send them the picture with the provided email adress and they will get back to you ASAP. Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I went and got the issue checked, the gentleman there said my dash was "loose" and said he tightened many bolts that contruct the dash there for secure the pillars. I have a rattle free ridge for 2 dasy and when i went to get my antenna fixed on my aftermarket stereo the man doing the "Fix" completely ruined my dash making rattle worse than ever. Dont have it in me to pay for the dash fix again :act018:

·
Registered
2007 Nimbus Grey Metallic RTL
10,097 Posts
I went and got the issue checked, the gentleman there said my dash was "loose" and said he tightened many bolts that contruct the dash there for secure the pillars. I have a rattle free ridge for 2 dasy and when i went to get my antenna fixed on my aftermarket stereo the man doing the "Fix" completely ruined my dash making rattle worse than ever. Dont have it in me to pay for the dash fix again :act018:
Take it back. You paid him to fix the problem and he didn't. He actually made it worse. I would either go back and demand my money back or demand that he try something else to fix it.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Well I thought it was a rattle coming from the glove box too, however as I found out with my 2006 is a recall from Honda. I received a notification in the mail stating the rattle that I thought was coming from the glove box turned out to be the clip holding the sun visor on the driver side. I took my RL to the dealer and he changed the clip out while I waited. That all I had to do and the rattle was gone. Call your dealer to verify before you take the time to drive over there.

I not sure that will be your problem but I know it was mine. Good Luck

1 - 10 of 10 Posts