Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey hopefully I can get some suggestions on where to start or common problems. I've not had any issues with my 06 with 210k miles. Yesterday I came out to start it and no turn over not even a click. It does have a newer battery and tried to jump it but nothing. Lights and accessories work.

Do I start with a relay, safety neutral switch, starter, fuses, ground wires? Thanks for any helpful suggestions.

·
Registered
987 Posts
What did you jump it with? And how did you hookup jumper? If you went straight battery to battery then you may have popped the main fuse. Always on dead battery go to positive. Then to an engine ground. Never battery to battery. Jumping battery/source it doesn't matter.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the tip on battery hookup. It turned out the battery tested at 12.6 so I guess the issue is something else. Could it be the main fuse? Where is the main fuse located?

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
23,400 Posts
See if this thread helps:

Check the main fuse (#22 in the primary under-hood fuse box)

Attachments

Reactions: ROBSRTL

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Super Moderator
23,400 Posts
Did you verify the fuse was blown?

I wouldn't think it necessary to disconnect the battery to install a fuse. I could be wrong.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Battery does not have to be disconnected. To install a main fuse. Just don't have a charger on it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So the main fuse wasn't blown and cleaned the battery posts and the ground wire close to the battery, no luck. My next step is the starter solenoid/relay ( not sure if that's really what it's called) in the fuse box? Any other ideas? I'm really hoping it's not the ignition switch. I'd like to try anything before that. Is there even a test for an ignition switch?

·
Registered
987 Posts
Most of the relays are the same in the box. Pull one from another spot and put it into the starter position. Just compare the two before you do it.

·
Super Moderator
23,400 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Welp, not the relay either. Uggghhh so frustrating. Tried jumping with another car but no luck.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Can you give the starter a good wack and try to crank it? Sometimes this will free a sticking solenoid. It will also indicate you need a new starter if it works...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I actually did try that. I may give that another try tommorow. Towing it home in the morning so I'll have more tools and a place to work on it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I would think starter before ignition, especially since you're able to get lights and accessories. Any indications before this happened? Did the starter whine the last time it ran? Did the engine seem sluggish to start? Does the ignition switch turn smoothly without any binding?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I would think starter before ignition, especially since you're able to get lights and accessories. Any indications before this happened? Did the starter whine the last time it ran? Did the engine seem sluggish to start? Does the ignition switch turn smoothly without any binding?
No indications at all. No whine on the starter. On occasion it would take a couple extra seconds than normal to start. Ignition switch is completely smooth as normal. Is there a way to check the starter before removing? Thanks

1 - 20 of 24 Posts