Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

61 - 80 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
3,656 Posts
Re: The meet has already started!!!

The last beer party - The roc members presnet signed one of the rocks used in the rock drop demo and presented to Gary Flint. Then as I was ready to leave the dog climed int o the beer pool and then climbed out and shook on some ot those seated too close to the beer.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,092 Posts

Even set correctly for the dark lighting my camera didn't do very well :mad: . Had T-Mac take a few shots of me and Gary with my truck but they didn't turn out very well (not Tom's fault). Did get a good one of Razz the Dog in the pool. I hope he didn't leave some extra liquid in there :eek: .

Getting ready to head west on I-70 back home. Thanks for everything to Tom and Julie and the Honda gang, and was great to meet others here :) .

Attachments

·
Registered
3,852 Posts

Just awesome! Love all the pics and stories. Look forward to seeing more, and also knowing when and where next year's meet will be!

Keep the pics and stories coming guys! Great job T-Mac (and Julie)!!:D

·
Registered
3,656 Posts

I would also like to thank jpphoto for the picture of the group - hope you will post it somewhere in digital format at a nice resolution.
jpphoto did a great job of finding places for us to go to for dinner.

thanks from the ROC attendees

·
Registered
3,656 Posts

I have some video of the introduction of the Honda team that presented to us on Saturday - it is 253 mb long. I will not post it until T-Mac says its ok to do so.

I did not record Gary's presentation, It is awesome, I keep fearing Honda will make an 1 hour infommercal out of it an put it on cable, then I will have to figure ot which of the 1000's of ridgelines at walmart is my blue one. (hint honda marketing - this would not be another stealth marketing campaign - might open a lot of eyes )

I will also try to get a snapfish site (Internet picture sharing) setup to post the 2mb resolution pictures I have when I get home.

I am at my wifes' parents house right now and all my stuff is packed in the ridgeline.

hopefully I'm home tonight by 20:00.

·
Registered
201 Posts

It almost makes me cry that I missed it. :( Hopefully I can make Ridge Run '08!!

·
Registered
175 Posts

I, too, aplogize for missing the fun. Had full intentions of going, then a new job took us further away from St.L, and the new job meant we couldn't get away for the weekend.

Like everyone else, I'm planning on making the next one, especially if you all keep moving west - maybe KC or Denver for 08?

·
Registered
11,306 Posts

Just got home after the 930 mile round trip to St Louis. Awesome time!! Ready to go again. Met a lot of great folks and made lots of new friends. Hope all have a safe trip home. Sorry I missed the good-byes this morning. Since I could not run with the big boys at the "pool party" Saturday night and went in about 11:30 PM, I was able to get an early start this morning. Thanks to all for being so nice to my wife and I. Thanks to Carl for the Wisconsin cheese, thaks to Keith for the BLUE Matchbox RL, thanks to Tom and Julie for putting on a great event, and finally thanks to all for the new friendships.:)

Duncan

·
Registered
11,306 Posts

Here are a few pics from the 2nd Annual RL met in St Louis:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
17,033 Posts

The black ridge in the last post was showing us that our trucks are always in 4 wheel drive.:D
No doubt! Now I understand how the VTM and VSA really work...the best demo they put on. Sure the rock-drop was something as well.

yes, I made it back. I was wanting to snooze on the drive back :rolleyes:

For those who were within driving distance and didn't go, you REALLY missed out. Hanging out with Gary, Kevin and the Honda crew each night in the parking ramp was really great. I found out that the Honda guys didn't have matchbox RL's! Even Gary didn't have any until he recently purchased a 4-pack of red's on eBay. So I had to hook them up.

Friday, six of us toured Busch Stadium. If you are a baseball fan, this is a must. Beautiful stadium.

I'll work on the photos tonight, so maybe by tomorrow night I should be able to post up.

MOD Hat on
Please post your photos to a photo hosting site and then post the link to the album here. I use Photobucket, but there are many free sites on the web.

·
Premium Member
1,310 Posts

This was my first "ROC" event and it was awesome! I want to give a big "Thank You" to Tom and Julie, Gary Flint and his Crew, Huey Honda and all of the other sponsors that were involved for this event. Thank you to JPPHOTO for getting the big group shot for this years event. Thank you to Karl for the wonderful Wisconson cheese; ChrisM for my matchbox BAJA Truck (wish the real one was there!!). My husband and I had a wonderful time and really enjoyed getting to know other Ridgeline owners. Can't wait to meet up again!!

Tracy

Attachments

·
ROC Founder, Admin
2,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #78

We made it back a few hours ago. I bought a small plastic pool on the way home and Julie and I are going to sit outside and... nah! Just kidding. I'm exhausted and thinking about my head on the pillow within 30-60 minutes.

Thanks again to everyone for making the drive, for being so much fun and for being a part of the ROC! I have some images to share, but for now I'll simply start with the four trucks that Gary and company had on display for the ROC members on Saturday. I can tell you that he put forth a lot of effort to get those there that day and as you can see, it was well worth it!

Attachments

·
Registered
161 Posts

We had a great time and can't wait until next year. Thanks to everyone that took part in this. Very well planned out, Huey honda was great, Gary and the Honda Team, T-mac and Julie , Jphoto and St. Louis "Thank you for a great weekend". The power point presentation was Awesome (different from last year). :D

·
Registered
3,656 Posts
61 - 80 of 101 Posts