Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the factory XM tuner (behind the back seat) will work with an aftermarket head unit? I received a USASPEC BT45 HON3 for Christmas but it apparently died this week. Hopefully I can get it replaced but if not I may just upgrade, but I would really like to keep the stock XM antenna and tuner since they still work. Any ideas?

· Registered
11 Posts
bnix5,

I know this is an old post, but I'm planning to install the BT45-HON3 in my 2006 Ridgeline. Are you saying your BT45-HON3 adapter died? Do you know what happened? Crutchfield is selling this thing for $170, which includes their apparently "awesome" instructions. But, I can get it for $145 on other sites without the "awesome" instructions. Did you just use the standard instructions in the package? Was it straightforward enough? If so, I am going to avoid Crutchfield's markup and install using the standard instructions.

Thanks for any insight. What did you end up doing? Replace or upgrade system?

· Registered
36 Posts
I had the BT45-HON3 installed a while back (early 2015 I think). Works great. It seems easy enough to install yourself, the most difficult part, it seems to me, being running the microphone to a good spot everything else happens behind the back seat. The only reason I had it installed was due to having an unheated garage and getting the thing in the winter! I actually wound up moving the unit and the mic anyway.

As I recall the instructions, in a nutshell, you pull the back seat (this can be a trick depending on how daring you are. Search here and you'll find instructions. This one is good.), unplug the XM/Sirius cable from the receiver, located on the passenger side, back wall, plug in the cable that comes with the BT45, plug the XM cable in to that, plug in the mic and run the mike to where you like it. Put it all back together.

Do a search for for the BT45-HON3 here and you'll find a few threads on it. This link looks good and includes a look behind the rear seat at the tuner and a link to the manual (USA Spec has the manual online too). The manual doesn't go into detail on how to run the cable if that is what you are looking for. I can imagine that "awesome" instructions might include that but I don't know what else it might include. The install seems pretty straight forward.

In my case, the Bt45 unit ended up behind the finish trim under the back seat velcro-ed to the carpet. I wanted to keep it reasonably accessible in case I wanted to utilize the USB port. My mic is stuck on the roof console on the drivers side (where the sun glass holder/home link buttons are). The mic cable runs up rear driver side, to the roof under the trim then to the front.

Alternatively, an add on XM tuner could be mounted under one of the seats I think? Drivers side maybe? Dunno for sure. Mine was with the truck and is behind the back seat as described.

· Premium Member
2104 Honda Ridgeline SE
1,815 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.