Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Nimbus Grey Metallic RTL
10,068 Posts
The transmission software update only affects 06 models as well as a few very early '07 models. Strangely enough, my '07 was built in August of 06 and fell into the VIN range that the update affected. I haven't had it done and don't plan on having it done. The transmission shifts just fine as I've kept up on fluid maintenance. I'm in the school of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it."

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,376 Posts
The transmission software update only affects 06 models as well as a few very early '07 models. Strangely enough, my '07 was built in August of 06 and fell into the VIN range that the update affected. I haven't had it done and don't plan on having it done. The transmission shifts just fine as I've kept up on fluid maintenance. I'm in the school of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it."
Trust me you'd know if you needed the update, it was very obvious when completed

·
Registered
10,068 Posts
Trust me you'd know if you needed the update, it was very obvious when completed
How so? I do get a bit of a clunk when I'm coasting up a slight incline, very light throttle and I hit 40mph. I've read of other people having this same thing on other years of RL, so it doesn't appear to be "fixed" in the software upgrade. Another thing I've noticed is that every now and then when I'm coasting at very low speed (under 10mph) and press on the gas suddenly to accelerate, the transmission will hunt for a quick second and surge a few times before it finally grabs the lower gear. I did read where the update would address this issue, but it happens so little. I've learned how to apply the throttle to make it not happen, though. I just don't feel as though messing with the software at this point is worth it.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,376 Posts
How so? I do get a bit of a clunk when I'm coasting up a slight incline, very light throttle and I hit 40mph. I've read of other people having this same thing on other years of RL, so it doesn't appear to be "fixed" in the software upgrade. Another thing I've noticed is that every now and then when I'm coasting at very low speed (under 10mph) and press on the gas suddenly to accelerate, the transmission will hunt for a quick second and surge a few times before it finally grabs the lower gear. I did read where the update would address this issue, but it happens so little. I've learned how to apply the throttle to make it not happen, though. I just don't feel as though messing with the software at this point is worth it.
The software update was for the "hesitation". And my hesitation was "drastic" IMO. I'll try the 40 mph thing and report back. I don't remember ever having that occur. Both may be related to "driving style" at times especially 10 years ago I was a much more aggressive driver.

·
Registered
10,068 Posts
The software update was for the "hesitation". And my hesitation was "drastic" IMO. I'll try the 40 mph thing and report back. I don't remember ever having that occur. Both may be related to "driving style" at times especially 10 years ago I was a much more aggressive driver.
I'm about as docile of a driver as it gets. I only get above 3500RPM a few times a month when I just want to get the thing into the upper range to "blow out some carbon" as they say. The 40mph clunk only happens every now and then. I have a certain portion of road on my way home that has a 40mph limit, but I regularly go 45mph. The end portion has a slight incline and, if I'm very light on the throttle while the truck is gradually decelerating, it will do it when it hits 40. The hesitation is very rare, but it does it on occasion. Neither of these two things have ever bothered or worried me to the point that I felt compelled to research the root cause.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts