Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings - Started hearing what I believe is "road noise" from the front end in my 07 Ridgeline w/125k miles. Kinda hard to really tell if it's tire or wheel bearing noise. Tires have 20k miles on them, have plenty of tread w/NO cupping, and very little wear and the front end still very tight. Since the bushings in the lower control arms are dry rotted I've decided to replace other suspension parts parts, including bearings, end links, and tie rod ends while I have it apart.

I've be able to get FSM snapshots here for most torque values of front end components but can seem to find the torque value for the tie rod ends.

Any input regarding "lessons learned" for this whole process, as well as tie rod end torques would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Richard

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
23,587 Posts
Looks to me like it should be 40 lb-ft.

RL tie rod torque.png

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hope it's ok that I ask another question in this thread since it's related to the same project. Apologies in advance if it isn't.
When I removed the Hub from the knuckle, the race naturally came with it. Between the race and the inside face of the hub there's what appears to be some sort of dust shield. I don't know if it's part of the original bearing or not. Does anyone know if this "dust shield" should remain when I press the hub into the new bearing or does it need to removed? Please see attached images.
Many Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
23,587 Posts
See if this helps:

RL wheel bearing replacement 2006-08.png RL wheel bearing replacement 2006-08-p2.png RL wheel bearing replacement 2006-08-p3.png RL wheel bearing replacement 2006-08-p4.png

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not seeing it as part of the hub. Thanks Speedlever, the info you always provide is appreciated.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts