Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when going 55 to 65 mi. hrs and when i'm on the gas i get a bad shaking in the seats an the center concole as soon as i take my foot off the gas the truck smooths right out ? HELP

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
first thought is wheel balance.

Its the quick easy fix. A few bucks at any tire shop.

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
22,871 Posts
I can't see wheel balance being related to acceleration, just speed. When the vibration goes away when you stop accelerating, I'm thinking drive train.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I'm thinking alignment -wheel balance too. Mine did it a little before I put new tires on it. Baffled me because it was only 55-70. Did have to put rear arms in it because they were rusted and seized and couldn't be aligned.

·
Registered
2014 Sport
3,594 Posts
I'm thinking alignment -wheel balance too. Mine did it a little before I put new tires on it. Baffled me because it was only 55-70. Did have to put rear arms in it because they were rusted and seized and couldn't be aligned.
They replaced the entire rear control arm(s) because the alignment bolts were seized?? Can you please elaborate?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the help,I'm having my guy check it out Monday . He said he is going to jack up the hole truck, he don't have access to a lift.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
They replaced the entire rear control arm(s) because the alignment bolts were seized?? Can you please elaborate?
Yep two different great shops and they tried everything. 5' bar on it and it wouldn't move. Impossible to get to also. Said not the first Ridgeline he's seen like it.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Bueno..... had not heard of those seizing to corrosion before.... interesting; from the sound of this report, it may not be all that unusual.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Nope and I was kind of shocked. You can't drlll it out or anything. They ended up cutting them off and showed me every step of the way why. It was starting to wear the back tires so I had to do something fast. The truck is garaged and has been rock solid for me. Just a freak kind of thing I suppose. She tracks nice now. :act024:

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Sometimes I need to read about these corrosion issues to remember not to take living in SoCal for granted. It's nice not to be haunted by any of those issues.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,381 Posts
Sometimes I need to read about these corrosion issues to remember not to take living in SoCal for granted. It's nice not to be haunted by any of those issues.
I'm thankful with every post I read about rust. I'm just amazed that people living there don't get sick of it and get the states to use something else other than "salt"

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,381 Posts
well the trouble was the Rt and Lt driveshafts
I'm guessing the front RT and LT half shafts? Any more details or pictures are always helpful?

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
I'm guessing the front RT and LT half shafts? Any more details or pictures are always helpful?
Honda calls them driveshafts (#s 4&5 below)..... there's also a half-shaft, but that's a 3rd item up front (#16 in this diagram).

1 - 20 of 20 Posts