Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Changed timing belt etc last year myself, ran great but developed oil leak from oil pump. I decided to fix it. Pulled exhaust, oil pan, timing belt cover, removed tensioner and slid timing belt and crank position sensor out of the way. Pulled pump, cleaned everything up, new o-rings, seals etc. Put belt back on and checked timing (probably 6 times now). Engine turns over fine, I have fuel, when i check for spark, I have spark just once when you first turn it over. I checked multiple coils with same result. The only electrical component disconnected was the oil pressure switch. I'm out of ideas.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Just curious, when you turn the key to on, do you have a flashing green key? If so it means key not present. Just trying to eliminate any issue with the immobilizer. Might want to try a different key. Also check you bolted down all the ground wires. I believe there is one right next to the passenger engine mount, you might have disconnected it when you took the timing belt off.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tried my spare key, green key goes off. Checked my grounds physically and with a meter. I really hate throwing parts at it but I may have to. Plan B is having it towed to a shop with some good test equipment. Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts