Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading of all the problems with the transmission cooler lines and radiator I was scared! I saw a Spectra on amazon for $40.00! Must of been a return. I was a bit scared of it to be truthful but I checked it out and had tested by a mechanic friend and it looked to be good. Installed it with no issues thanks to the post from Bigdogrod. Thanks Man!

Issue-Overheating like crazy. Come to find out Spectra puts a internal cap/plug inside the lower radiator inlet about 1" in! Took me hours to figure this out. Sheesh. I took pictures of the fittings and they look practically new so do with that what you will. Vehicle has been in Missouri it's whole life so it has been through a lot of snow I assume. /shrug. It's not leaking one bit but it still smells like antifreeze. Have yet to figure this out yet. Temp is right where it is supposed to be and runs great. I'll figure it out.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,265 Posts
How about a picture of the cap that was causing the overheating.

Also can you reinstall the fittings once removed, I've been told once removed, they can't be retreaded?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Didn't keep the internal plug Spectra put in there. There is a external cap that you can plainly see and a hidden black internal plug.
Looks like you could reinstall them but since it was already out I just changed the raditor per my plan.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts