Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spent the day trying to run speaker wires for the front frside door. I understand how to drill out the molex I am having trouble fishing the wire at all.

I was successful with the passenger side. The drivers side I cant seem to figure out. The problem I am running in to is that I can fish the wire through the rubber boot but at the point where it goes through the body the metal wire I am using to fish with wont go at the right angle. It keeps shooting upward at about a 45 degree angle when I think it needs to go at a 90. I can't seem to get my hand around the fuse box and all the wires on the inside to assist my other hand at all. Is there something I need to remove that I am not? I am fishing from the door to the body, but since I can't reach the inside this seems like the only way. How have you guys got a wire into the body portion of the ridgeline on the drivers side?

thanks!

·
Registered
5,671 Posts
A Small hand is ideal, thinner long fingers even better.

Maybe latex or nitrile gloves, may help otherwise cuts can't be avoided.

From what I remember, after removing the connector and pulling the booth out of the way from both ends.

I used like 20" long by maybe 3/16" zip tie, it may work for others also,

Right hand behind the fuse box, fed the wire with the Zip tie in the hole (left side body area and) not through the boot.

I know there is like a step in between 2 metal holes and it will not go through the second hole, I can't remember if my right hand's fingers were higher lower, feeling the gap and the 2nd sharp opening.

In any case with my fingers I could feel the zip tie and wire, after many attempts of pushing in and out from the left side, I managed to grab the piece, it took a while but it's easier than having to remove the large fuse holder area.

Maybe these pictures may help, I guess trying to feed it through the boot and inside is a no go deal, if the boot is removed from the body side it makes it easier and then deal with just about a foot of wire in the boot, connector and inside the door.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,671 Posts
2nd pic since only one at a time with my tablet, no clue why

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you so much for that. I managed to get it but it was hands down the hardest part of any install I have ever done. I will definitely do the zip tie thing in the future thats a great idea.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts