Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
I don't know what types of African safaris you plan on, but I just don't like the "throwback" look of it. Three windowshield wipers? It's tri-colored for goodness sake. It looks like a toy truck that someone decided to make into a real truck.

The problem is it's another affordable Toyota, so people are going to buy it. I can't wait to see it on an episode of "Pimp My Ride".

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Looks like an Element on steroids having a bad hair day!

·
Registered
81 Posts

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
I think that it has possibilities.

The vehicle I am really interested in is the Jeep Rescue 4 door Wrangler that the same page has info on.

·
Registered
112 Posts
If it had been out now, I might have bought one, if the specs were better than the Jeeps. Ultimately, I picked the Ridge over Liberty/Grand-Cherokee based on overall specs and features. If the FJ had been available, it would be interesting to see how it compared.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Is it only two doors? Or are those clamshell doors in the back with hidden latches? I don't see how it compares to the Element except in styling.

It has the biggest "C" pillar of any vehicle I've ever seen.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I really like this vehicle. I have been eyeing it for a long time and considered waiting for one. BUT, the BIG turnoff for me was the interior. Just a little to cold for me.

Darn it, I remmber seeing some interior pics, but i can't find a single one. My "Google" is weak today.

·
Registered
50 Posts
toyota has a long long history of serious off roading capabilities in their trucks, so i'm not surprised that this one continues the trend. i like it a lot, especially the retro-but-modern look of it.

·
Registered
993 Posts
I've also been following the progress of the FJ closely. They say the whole interior folds flat which would give it about 8 ft of floor space for camping if true. It will definitly be more off road capable than the Element for those that are looking for that. It will have a more powerful engine with the option of locking rear diff.

·
Registered
311 Posts

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Now that is one bizarre interior :)

·
Registered
311 Posts
I think Toyota's whole design team (or teams as the case may be) should be shown the door. All their vehicles look so gimmicky nowadays. What ever happened to simplicity being beautiful?

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Most concept vehicles morph into something more mainstream. Take a look at what the Ridgeline started out as.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts