Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2008 Honda Ridgeline is making a squealing noise when I turn left. The noise first started out it sounded like at the right front tire. Tire place told me it was dust shield, fixed that noise still there. Then they told me it was the brake pads need changed, did that still making noise. I rode in the back seat the other day with my son & I could also hear the noise now in the back of the truck. It only makes the noise when I turn left & recently when I'm going straight. Noise stops when I apply brakes. Noise is only there when I'm going 15mph or above. Has anyone else ever had this problem? Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Not on my Ridgeline, but did have a Honda Accord were the power steering rack and pinion went out and it squealed like a stuck hog.

·
Registered
22 Posts
My drive shaft center bearing went out on my 2008 @ 70k miles. Was hard to pinpoint where noise was coming from until put up on rack and run simulating 30+ miles an hour. I believe it's called the pilot bearing. Whole new drive shaft assembly was installed..........

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
23,399 Posts
JRoy that sounds expensive... and totally short-lived at only 70k miles. Where do you reside? Rust belt?

I don't recall reading any issues with the center bearing here at the ROC.

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
JRoy that sounds expensive... and totally short-lived at only 70k miles. Where do you reside? Rust belt?

I don't recall reading any issues with the center bearing here at the ROC.
Isn't this the "hanger bearing" on the "propeller shaft" that some have had issues with?

·
Super Moderator
23,399 Posts
Could be. Don't have access to my FSM at the moment.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Hanger bearing, center bearing, carrier bearing, its all the same thing.

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
The point of the question was, if it's the propeller shaft (drive shaft) hanger bearing (center bearing) that RJoy/Speedlever commented on, OP can find history here with a search using that terminology. :)

·
Super Moderator
23,399 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts