Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to take the damn thing apart, but it won't disassemble. I found a video on youtube, but it's the wrong year.

I can't get the door to swing out; I'm told that it's a cable needing either tightening or replacement. There's a small clasp indicated in the photo, near to the edge of the tailgates outside edge. I'm not sure what it is, but I can't seem to remove it.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found that video right away, and followed it through. I've tried my damnedest, but I can't seem to get the top piece to slide off like it does in the video.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
That's somebody's kludge... or maybe a fastener for some accessory item (like bed extender, etc.). Maybe even a fastening piece used with an aftermarket tonneau cover?? Not familiar with it, but if you're not using it, you might just want to take it off.

I'm pretty sure that's why you can't get your 'cap' off by the prescribed method.

·
Premium Member
1,817 Posts
That's somebody's kludge... or maybe a fastener for some accessory item (like bed extender, etc.). Maybe even a fastening piece used with an aftermarket tonneau cover?? Not familiar with it, but if you're not using it, you might just want to take it off.

I'm pretty sure that's why you can't get your 'cap' off by the prescribed method.
I agree with Dnick. That isn't a Honda thing.

Is there only one of those at the passenger side end of the gate? The bracket holding the tab facing down looks to be attached to the metal gate frame under the gate cap, perhaps held in place with sheet metal screws. Presumably, you've already taken the (5 or so) phillip head screws along the interior side of the cap off - and tried to tap the cap/slide it from drive to passenger side, but it won't budge? I'm guessing friction caused by the non-OEM bracket(s) is keeping the cap assembly from sliding on the keepers underneath. My suggestion is "be bold, mighty forces will come to your aid". One thing is for sure, the cap wouldn't be staying in place without the factory keepers.

BTW: nice shoes! :act030:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts