Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I test drove a 2008 RTL today and really liked it. I'm concerned about the age and mileage though. I know Hondas can go forever because I've owned two Civics that went over 250,000 miles and were still going strong. This RTL I'm looking at has 125,000 miles on it. Do any of you have one with that or more miles and have you had any problems with it?

Thanks in advance

G

·
Registered
21 Posts
I purchased a RL several months ago with 111000 miles on it. Made the dealer do the timing belt, water pump, tensioner, and exterior belt as part of the deal. I did change the spark plugs and found that the #5 plug was loose although the truck ran O.K. Still want to change the transmission fluid and the axle fluids in the spring. ( Too cold right now) The truck runs great although the MPG isn't the greatest. Average about 16 MPG. This truck is heavy!. Overall the Ridgeline is a great truck. It carries everything that I want and rides well to boot.

·
Registered
2007 Nimbus Grey Metallic RTL
10,050 Posts
I test drove a 2008 RTL today and really liked it. I'm concerned about the age and mileage though. I know Hondas can go forever because I've owned two Civics that went over 250,000 miles and were still going strong. This RTL I'm looking at has 125,000 miles on it. Do any of you have one with that or more miles and have you had any problems with it?

Thanks in advance

G
Has the timing belt service and spark plugs been done on the truck? Have all recommended fluid changes been done on time? Maintenance is key on these trucks. If they have fresh fluids, they'll just keep going. I have a 2007 RTL with 143,000 miles that I've maintained very well and it still feels like a newer vehicle. What does this dealer or car lot want for the 2008 you drove?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts