Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I am going through the upgrade that many people have done--converting my pre-'09 RL (mine is an '07) to a late model RL. I have the front and rear bumpers and all the pieces and parts. The two things that I'm trying to figure out is how to wire up the 2014 OEM foglights and DRLs that I will install in the new front bumper. I have purchased the lights and assemblies, as well as purchasing the OEM relays for both. I have also purchased the foglight harnesses and switch. However, I BELIEVE the foglight harnesses are only from the relay to the lights themselves, as the 2014 RL already has the wiring harness from the relay to the dash location (lower left of panel, under the left side of the steering wheel). And the same with the DRL, they don't have a wiring harness I can purchase, at all. I''d ideally like to know the complete wiring layout for both, and make up the missing harness pieces with some sort of factory connectors where needed (especially going to the foglight switch).

Anyone out there who already done this? I know there are several people who've done the 06-08 to 09-14 conversion, but have found no detail on this part of the conversion. Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Sorry I can't help you, but sure someone here will chime in soon. What grill are you going with?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Using the standard 2014 grille. Found a great used one for cheap, otherwise I would have gone with the Sport grille.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Using the standard 2014 grille. Found a great used one for cheap, otherwise I would have gone with the Sport grille.
Somehow I get the feeling you will regret not going with the sport grill while the front is taken apart. But that's just me.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I actually like both of them, but you may be right. I have considered painting the grille black chrome. Wish I could see what it would look like...

Somehow I get the feeling you will regret not going with the sport grill while the front is taken apart. But that's just me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm also interested in learning how to wire up the late model fog and driving lights on an early model Ridgeline. I've installed a 2012 front bumper and sport grille on my 2007 and one of my next projects is to install the fog and driving lights and get the wired up. Did you figure out how to do it?

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
I'm also interested in learning how to wire up the late model fog and driving lights on an early model Ridgeline. I've installed a 2012 front bumper and sport grille on my 2007 and one of my next projects is to install the fog and driving lights and get the wired up. Did you figure out how to do it?
CAVEAT: I know absolutely nothing about how either of these are wired, BUT you might consider taking a look at the 2006-2008 fog lamp harness / switch to see if you can't adapt that to your 2009^ front harness.
You may be able to gain some valuable insight to this by checking installation instructions for these at handa.com.

Wire list / schematics for these are available in the PDF service manuals, if you have access to them.

Good Luck :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts