Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put new tires on my Ridgeline at Sams Club. When replacing the tires two TPMS sensors would not unscrew and were corroded together thus needed to be replaced. I drove to Honda to purchase two new sensors that Sam's was going to put on free of charge. Obviously the TPMS (Not the low tire pressure) light lit up indicating a TPMS fault because two sensors were missing. Sams replaced the sensors and I'm guessing cleared the codes because the TPMS light was off. I drove for a few miles and the TPMS light came back on. I used my TPMS scanner tool to check and all TPMS sensors in the tires are pinging with ID's and a good battery charge but the Ridgeline can only detect one sensor. After resting the TPMS light myself I can usually drive a few miles before it comes back on. The fault that the TPMS scanner reads is that 3 tires are not communicating with the car. I rotated the sensor that was communicating good to another receiver and the good sensor moved so I know its not the TPMS receivers on the Ridgeline. I also have to mention that this has been going on for 5 months now and over 20K miles driven. Anyone have any history with this I am at a loss. I have even tried to detach the main TPMS unit under the dash to no avail and even let it sit with the battery disconnected. My scan tool is a Autel MaxiTPMS 501. I really miss getting a notification that my tires are low lol.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have had the same problem with an 09 tpms. All sensors are responding, after driving a few miles the tpms light comes on. I replaced the main module with one from an Acura, didnt fix the problem. Maybe the main module is vehicle specific.

The Major pain in the ass is that the 4wd wont work when the tpms light is on. If you shut the engine off then on you will have 4wd for a little while until the tpms light comes on. If you want to drive in 4wd continuously due to deep snow, you have to pull your tpms fuse & then your whole dash will light up with warnings but at least you have 4wd. WHAT A STUPID IDEA TO TIE THE 4WD TO TPMS!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts