Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed a set of OEM fog lights on my 2009 Ridgeline this past weekend. I took some pictures during the install, so I thought I would do a short how to write up.

The OEM part number is: 08V31-SJC-100B. I found the best price an online Honda dealer's store. Amazon does have the kit as well. The kit includes fog light housings (right and left), light bulbs are included, wiring harness, relay, fuse, fog light button, button connector harness, mounting screws, wire ties, and installation instructions. I didn't need anything extra to install the kit. The installation instructions are actually pretty good, but I will highlight some of the areas that were unclear in the write up. The install instructions are attached to this post (sorry for the multiple files but that is the only way I could figure out how to get around the PDF file size restriction to get the complete instructions).

1. Get your radio code, disconnect the battery, and remove the from bumper. There are several threads on how to remove the bumper, so I won't go into details.

http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81761
http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46652

The instructions are good at showing where all the clips and bolts are. Before removing the bumper from the vehicle, disconnect the daytime running lights. With all the connectors loose, you can access them from the fender wells. By doing this before, I was able to remove the bumper by myself without help.

2. You will need to remove the mount bolt for the washer fluid reservoir. I skipped it initially because I didn't see the need, but had to remove it later.

3. The end of the fog light harness that has the ground cable is for the passenger side fog light. There is an existing brown connector tucked behind between the radiator overflow tank and the fender. This connector plugs into the brown connector on the fog light harness.

4. There is a ground bolt in the passenger's side fender behind the washer fluid reservoir that is to be used for the ground cable on the fog light wiring harness. It is a pretty tight fit, but a self ratcheting line wrench works great. A 10 mm wrench is needed.

5. I tied the washer fluid reservoir over with a bungee strap to give me a little more room and allow me to use both hands to get the ground cable secured.

6. After securing the ground cable, run the fog light connector end of the wiring harness over the frame and by the daytime running light connector.

7. Follow the installation instructions and route the wiring harness over the radiator fan, securing with zip ties, and feed the end over the frame and by the daytime running light connector on the driver's side.

8. Install the fog light housings into the front bumper by removing the blank space holders. Follow installation instructions, it's self explanatory.

9. Remove the relay block cover from the relay block located by the washer fluid reservoir. It was a pain in the rear to get the cover off. It is a hook style clip securing the lid and you can only access the front hook. I had to bend the tip of an old flat head screwdriver to unhook the lid.

10. After removing the lid and dropping it further down into the engine compartment. Place the new relay block here. It can only be installed one way, so just check the connector geometry for orientation. Put the lid back on.

11. The instructions say to install the bumper now, but I waited till the very end. I proceeded to install the new fuse into the fuse panel located just in front of the firewall on the passenger's side.

12. Time to move inside the cab. Remove the side access panel of the dash on the drivers side, and the lower section of the dash under the steering wheel. Grab below the steering wheel (after removing the mounting screw) and pull to pop out the internal clips.

13. Disconnect the VSA button. There is a small button on the connector on the passenger side of the connection that will release the plug.

14. Do some mild stretching before contorting and jamming your upper body underneath the driver's side dash. Be sure to bring a light source and the plug wiring harness. Remove the brown connector from the panel behind the parking brake. This connection is the furthers toward the front of the vehicle.

15. Connect this wire to the brown connector on the supplied plug harness and then plug the end of the plug harness into the connection that you just opened up. Route the button connectors and the rest of the plug harness behind the parking brake and through the opening in the dash mount where the buttons will be.

16. Plug the existing VSA connector into the open connector on the plug harness.

17. Pop out the blank from the removed lower dash section, install the supplied fog light button (indicator light is already in the button). Plug the fog light button and VSA button in before re-installing the dash section.

18. Reinstall the side panel.

19. Reinstall the bumper, only secure the top clips to hold it in place while you plug in the fog lights and daytime running lights. Also use this time to align the fog lights while you have access to the alignment screw.

20. Finish bumper reinstallation, hook up the battery, and you should be good to go.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.