Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
2009 Ridgeline, 2019 Civic SI coupe
Discussion Starter #1
I posted another thread on the front hub assembly. We just finished the Rear Hub Assembly Video.

I hope this helps anyone that is thinking about this repair. My truck has almost 200k miles on it. I am the original owner and it was my daily driver and tow vehicle. I have since bought a 2019 Honda Civic SI coupe - but the truck is still used as a TRUCK!!

Premium Member
2010 RT - Bali Blue
That is the best cinematic repair video I have ever watched. Though I do not plan changing out my hubs anytime soon, I liked your video so I can do my rear parking shoes.

One thing I noticed on the rear upper control arm replacement. I replaced mine not too long ago and the instructions (from the HSM) mentioned that the arms need to be in their natural position, before being tightened; meaning, do not tighten the control arm while the wheels are off the ground and the suspension is drooped. I recorded the natural angle prior to removing the old unit and installed the new one in the same angle.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
That is the best cinematic repair video I have ever watched. Though I do not plan changing out my hubs anytime soon, I liked your video so I can do my rear parking shoes.

One thing I noticed on the rear upper control arm replacement. I replaced mine not too long ago and the instructions (from the HSM) mentioned that the arms need to be in their natural position, before being tightened; meaning, do not tighten the control arm while the wheels are off the ground and the suspension is drooped. I recorded the natural angle prior to removing the old unit and installed the new one in the same angle.
Thanks for your comment. i mentioned it to my BF - as he was the one that did the work. He stated he only had them just tight enough before lowering to the ground - then did the torque on the ground for the control arm.

Please - feel free to add any comments to the youtube video, he welcomes any and all comments and he could answer or discuss things better than i can :)

Registered
Man I feel bad for people who have to deal with rust. I think the hardest thing about my suspension change out was the dang e-brake cable when it comes through the backing plate. Need like 4 hands.

And @smufguy Yep! Neutral basically just means "loaded". You always want the full weight of the vehicle being supported by just the suspension before you torque down all the rubber pivot points.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Man I feel bad for people who have to deal with rust. I think the hardest thing about my suspension change out was the dang e-brake cable when it comes through the backing plate. Need like 4 hands.

And @smufguy Yep! Neutral basically just means "loaded". You always want the full weight of the vehicle being supported by just the suspension before you torque down all the rubber pivot points.
Yeah i think the newest models dont have the silly thread the parking brake through the hole thing. There are so many times i could use like 3 more arms.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts