Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it's a bit bittersweet, but we sold our 2008 CR-V last night, with 103,323 miles on the odometer. An opportunity came up to buy my brother's 2009 RTL, who is the second owner -- the original owner is his father-in-law. So it has been in the family since it was purchased new. I have always liked Ridgelines, but would never have bought one at the prices they fetch on the market. But my brother and I have traded cars a number of times in the past, and neither one of us could ever buy the cars for what we pay for them from each other, so we've both enjoyed good vehicles at good prices in the past -- the Ridge will just keep in that tradition. So it's an opportunity we felt we couldn't let slip by.

It's interesting, the auto shipping business. I didn't order (or pay extra for) an enclosed carrier, but that's what I got. This guy apparently hauls Teslas from the Nevada factory back east, and he had two P85s on his carrier (according to my bro). I'm glad that he could use my Ridge to fill his trailer! So it'll be traveling in covered style coming across the country from Arizona to North Carolina. It was picked up yesterday afternoon and he plans to be here on Saturday afternoon. I really lucked up with that deal.

The Ridge is a 2009 RTL in Mocha Metallic (looks more like a champagne color to me) with about 97k miles on it. I've done the timing belt job myself on our 2005 Acura MDX, so that'll be a cinch to do next spring on the Ridge. For now...I'm just going to get all fresh fluids in it at 100k miles and plan to enjoy it for a long time. It's got essentially the same drivetrain as our MDX (3.5L J35, 5-speed auto, VTM-4), so I'm already intimately familiar with what it needs to thrive.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,399 Posts
Found yourself a "Sweet Ride" for your New Ride....

Congrats

Maybe some pics on delivery...

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My Ridge was delivered yesterday. I can't say enough about my carrier...Lazi Auto Corporation. It's a one-driver, one-truck operation, and he runs between his home base (NJ) and California, running Teslas from the Fremont factory back to the high rollers in the north east. He's got a pretty nice enclosed setup, and a super nice guy. My two girls are 10 and 6, and they enjoyed watching him unload the Ridge, and he opened one of the Teslas up and let my kids look inside. He's got two girls himself, 9 and 5, and was talking to my girls about his. Really nice guy, and a great transport experience. I did it through Ship A Car Direct (.com) -- they are the broker, and I was lucky to be set up with Lazi Auto Corp.

As far as the Ridge itself, I really enjoy it. Honda really made this platform feel like a full size truck. Neither my brother or his father-in-law, the original owner, are car buffs, so there are some TLC things I need to take care of. There's a dent in the left passenger door and a divot in the bed side where whatever impacted that door caught. I hope I can find a PDR guy who can pull some of that out. The paint condition itself is good, though there are a number of areas I need to touch up. The interior is nearly perfect for this age (2009 and 97k miles), so that's good.

I paid about 60% of what this truck would retail for without all the TLC needed, and I can live with some required elbow grease to save that kind of money. I will post some pictures as I get further in cleaning it up.

First on the list...trunk bed carpet and DIY trunk separators.

·
Premium Member
2,183 Posts
Congrats on your RL and welcome to the ROC!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts