Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.

I just bought my first Honda after my 2010 Tacoma died @ 269,000 kms.

I have a 2009 RTL w- 67K miles (107,000 KMs in the rest of the world).

I live in the mountains in northern British Columbia but travel extensively for work and hunting/camping/fishing etc.

So....this 2009 RTL needs to get sorted out for Canadian Bush Life.

Mods planned ASAP:

1-BFG KO2s (I have used these for years in the north due to the "extreme" snow rating and outstanding performance off-road) but unsure of sizing. Leaning towards 265/60/R18 (Anyone who can comment on rubbing and lift mods as a consequence would be helpful) but apparently 245-70-17 and the 265-65-17 can also work. I don't want to get new rims if possible and it seems like rubbing is an issue either way...

2-Skid plates front & rear. Seems like skid plates are necessary and the Tacoma had one stock. I have driven off-road my entire life but stumps, rocks, humps and brutal road conditions are common and eventually i am going to scrape, especially with a full moose in the box. Seems like the only option is Race Skids/Burtman....can anyone confirm other sources for Canadians?

Price is kinda harsh due to CAD/USD exchange rate so may explore getting some custom fabricated. If anyone has a template that would be HUGELY appreciated...

3-2" lift. Anyone have a source for a lift kit available in Canada? Which is preferred? And how hard is the install? I have access to a shop but have never done anything more than simple maintenance (oil etc.) on my vehicles. Reading the threads on this issue it seems doable with a learning curve. Any advice on that would be appreciated.

4-POTENTIAL "external transmission cooler with a switched electric fan". Read this point on the forum here: http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/14-off-roading/131073-upgrades-make-rl-little-better-off-road.html and it seems to make sense. Unsure of cost/process so insights on that would be appreciated.

5-ditch running boards...

Cheers everyone. Good forum and looks like a good community.

D

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
1. 265/65/17 will require either trimming or removal of the mudguards and maybe some flattening on the pinch weld due to the "square edge" of the tire. I had almost same tire and it rubbed at full lock.

2. Burtman is pretty much only option for bolt on. Might be able to contact for price negotiations.

3. fatbobsgarage.com is where I got my lift. Sorry no specific canadian option besides maybe ebay. It is well worth paying someone to do it if you do not have access to a lift and air-tools. Very easy to cause more damage and having cost exceed just paying someone to do it. Rear is easy-ish but front is a pain.

4. I off-road mine pretty ruthlessly and have only had the temp light for the trans once on very rocky slow climb when it was stock tires and height.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,262 Posts
Congrats on your "G1"

Welcome to the ROC.

Good Luck and Enjoy the Ride!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts