Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Just tried it out a while ago. I can hear a buildup of brake dust. I am going to shoot the rotors threw the spokes of the rims with Brake Clean, and see if that helps. My Wife has a 16 CR V. She said the brake peddle is fine. Just like hers. Still going to try the least expensive ways of improving them. A question for you though if you don't mind.., Where is the water pump located?? I had a 1.6 Liter Vetec back in the 90's, and it was located on the bottom. I am trying to figure out if the timming belt was ever replaced.. I checked the connections on the radiator. Even used a magnifing glass. No corotion buildup.

I can step on them hard, and it goes down. I can pump up just a little and it will go up, but if I keep pressure on the pedal it will start to go down. Can I spray Brake Clean threw the spokes?? I could feel a little dust buildup..

·
Administrator
14,930 Posts
I checked the connections on the radiator. Even used a magnifing glass. No corotion buildup.
The corrosion occurs from the inside out. You can't see it from the outside until it's too late.

I can pump up just a little and it will go up, but if I keep pressure on the pedal it will start to go down.
That suggests leaking piston seals in the master cylinder.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
The dealer told me they tore it apart, and found a pin of some sort was out of place. It was replaced and bled again. Another owner from the Dealership who bought my topper said mine are better than his, and that is the way they are..

Where would be a good place to buy the Master Cylinder?? I saw one on ebay for $92.00

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Going to get the truck fixed at the Dealers. Then I know they will be using Honda parts. Timing belt, and water pump change will be near $1800. Also includes new spark plugs, and reset valve lash. Master cylinder may or may not be bad. Service said they will go through the whole system to fix what is bad.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts