• Would like to Attend

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
11,306 Posts
After seeing the Lex and Jimmy show again I totally agree!! It had to be the bugs that kept them away from the Smokies. I am surprised they don't have enclosed trailers just to travel to the local meets!! These have got to be the 2 neatest RL's on the ROC!! Tell them to get bug deflectors for the next meet. Good to see Nurseryman showed up with his '09, nice truck!! Looking forward to the possible meet on the Natchez Trace this spring!!:)

·
Premium Member
17,037 Posts
very nice. Abita Brewery is a great place for a meet

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
Hey, evidently somebody else has decided to attend! I hope they read the date and time :D

JJ, the weather was gorgeous. We did have a laugh because they were moving a table in the next room in the brew pub & Tony got up to see if it was thunder. I reckon he had a portable tent in his truck so it wouldn't get rained on! :D

As an aside, I hope Jimmy/Lex puts up some photos of the pedal set he had machined. It is awesome -- the usual brake and accelerator pedals but also the parking brake (a tiny billet pad) & the dead pedal (foot rest). Very neat!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Man sounds like it was a great time hate to have missed it especially so close to home:mad:

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Well what a nice day. We really had a nice time. Got to meet Nurseman (John) and what a nice RL he has. Great color some options that were nice but did get under my skin. Some things that should have been on the RL since the beginning. We did see five other Trunks and did let them know about ROC I did take some pictures. Well not sure what happened to Nurseman when we traveled to Fountainbleau State Park. It was a great day for us to caravan somewhere. Ok Joe was right I did hear a noise that did sound like thunder and yes I did get up and check to see if it was going to rain on us. Well here are a few pictures.

I will post something for Oct 10th which is Cruisin the Coast weekend on the Gulf Coast. Coming soon.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
I can't wait to see what ROC thinks when nurseman gets the mod installed that he showed us in the trunk of his truck. It ought to change how everybody thinks about backup cameras forever!

·
Premium Member
1,310 Posts
all those jokes we made at Pigeon Forge about them being averse to bugs are true!)
I guess that will teach us to joke around, others do take the bugs quite seriously:eek:!

After seeing the Lex and Jimmy show again I totally agree!! It had to be the bugs that kept them away from the Smokies. I am surprised they don't have enclosed trailers just to travel to the local meets!! These have got to be the 2 neatest RL's on the ROC!! Tell them to get bug deflectors for the next meet.

Tony and Jimmy just need to save used dryer sheets- that will take care of the bugs and tar!! That way they can travel further from home!! I can't remember where we heard of that one; I think somewhere on this site, but it works like a charm. I can't stand for bugs and tar to be on my truck either, it totally drives me insane; but I LOVE driving my RL!

It's like this - Have RL, will travel:);)

·
Premium Member
1,310 Posts
Here is a website for more pictures of the rally. I will have more pictures to follow. If any of the guys have pictures email to me and I will post them.

2009 Summer ROC Rally Pictures:):)

Great photos from everyone. Great looking RL's as wells as the scenery! Looks like you guys had an awesome Meet.:) We hope to head your way sometime in the future!

·
Registered
463 Posts
Great pics!I wished I could have been there,hopefully next time.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #33 (Edited)
21 - 33 of 33 Posts