Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a hold of a cluster out of a 2010, guy said that it plugs right in and works but may have airbag light come on due to new ridge has more airbags and also the bezel won't fit properly due to glass is different. Has anyone else attempted this.

·
Premium Member
2009 Ridgeline RTL (with nav) in Bali Blue Pearl
2,433 Posts
This may be more difficult that you think. You may need a new dashboard as well and the 2010 multi-function information display (particularly the RTL with nav. version) provides a lot of information from different sensors that the 2006-2008 Ridgeline display was not designed to do (i.e. not wired).

Picture1.jpg

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well it plugs right in, I had to switch the glass so the bezel would fit properly. The glass isn't a perfect fit but close. Everything seems to be working properly but time will tell. The airbag light is on and the drl light is on but goes off when the lights are on. I'll try it for a while and see, I'm just sick of my cluster flashing and only working when it want to.

·
Administrator
16,062 Posts
I'm surprised it works as well as it does without causing other problems - the "instrument cluster" (aka "Gauge Control Module") also serves as a gateway that allows other computers to communicate with one another.

The photos above remind me of just how hideous the '09-'14 Ridgeline's steering wheel was. It ranks right up there with some of the old '70s Cadillac three-spoke steering wheels and the dorky two-spoke wheel from the '00s Impala. :)

·
Premium Member
2009 Ridgeline RTL (with nav) in Bali Blue Pearl
2,433 Posts
... The photos above remind me of just how hideous the '09-'14 Ridgeline's steering wheel was. It ranks right up there with some of the old '70s Cadillac three-spoke steering wheels and the dorky two-spoke wheel from the '00s Impala. :)
I struggled with the interior looks as well. When I was shopping for a Ridgeline in 2008, I got to look at the 2008 and 2009 models and I prefered the dash of the 2009 model year; the fake aluminum trimmed speedometer pod and its other trim pieces seemed to be something that would be more attractive to a teenager than an older fart like me. The real negative of the 2009-2014 instrument cluster is that the gauges are more spread out than the 2006-2008 gauges. The fact that the diameter of the steering wheel did not increase with the spread of the gauges making it hard to see them through the steering wheel, unless you tilt the wheel in the "big rig trucker" position or you're shorter than six-feet. That, and how far forward the pedals are, frustrates me more than anything (i.e. it adds up to an uncomfortable driving position). :mad:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts