Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Will you attend the 2010 RL plant tour and meet

• Total voters
201 - 220 of 232 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,876 Posts
Sorry about that Roger. That's two damaged windshields for this meet. I hope that is all the damage we suffer, and that they are able to fix it without complications.
Gosh, me too! I was (am) so sick over it. One of the things I enjoyed about buying a '10 was because my '07 ended up having most of the rear interior removed for rear glass replacement and no telling what happened internally when installing the Pilkington aftermarket windshield. I don't remember why I didn't push for an OEM windshield with the "H" logo on it. I don't remember any problems caused by either repair, but I just get that "not so fresh" feeling whenever stuff has to be removed and replaced.

My damage is the size of a quarter. So far, it has not spidered out more than 1/4". If it doesn't get worse this week, I may give that free windshield "repair" a chance. If I have to replace, I hope the dealer has the capability to replace it with an OEM windshield, but I fear they farm out stuff like that. I'll just have to check tomorrow. If I have to pay out of pocket for it (most likely), then I want OEM glass.

Concerning the instinctive feeling about a future Ridgeline, methinks the plant has knowledge of such. I know they were in fear of thrown tomatoes and riots from us, but I suspect they could have worded a response similar to, "We hope there is a future Ridgeline and only sales will determine if there will be, but we currently do not expect one". However, they were good at trying to avoid opinion and stating only the facts they were allowed to, as expected.

·
Registered
4,208 Posts
Want more pics? Here's a pic. I am sooo cautious about glass breakage considering my back luck with glass. Had to replace the windshield in my '07 Ridgeline due to a rock. Rocks killed TWO windshields on the little white Mazda truck I had last year (the second was within days after I replaced the first one). Insurance also replaced the back glass in my '07 Ridgeline that exploded without obvious cause. So, it looks like this windshield replacement is going to be on my tab. It happened just outside of Jackson, MS on my way back to Texas. I was absolutely ill over it. Up close it almost looks like a BB, but I think it's actually a chunk of lead from a tire weight. Whatever it is, it's still in the windshield. I saw it coming - just one of those freak, random things that couldn't have been avoided. I'm very cautious about keeping my distance behind people - especially things with big tires. A small white van was passing me about 70 MPH on I-20 when this was kicked up.
That Bullseye looks just like the one I got a few years ago with the Ridgeline. It is about in the same exat spot. I think a BB gun did it or the stone rock came from the other side of the road. I had the chip fixed at the glass repair shop. I would have have enjoyed the plant tour you guys took. I enjoyed the Ohio tour back in 2008 National Meet.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #203
I wanted to install the OEM accessory grill before coming to the meet. But when ordering, I didn't consider Memorial day in the shipping timeline. So I brought it with me to the meet and installed it early Friday morning.

·
Super Moderator
12,876 Posts
That Bullseye looks just like the one I got a few years ago with the Ridgeline. It is about in the same exat spot. I think a BB gun did it or the stone rock came from the other side of the road. I had the chip fixed at the glass repair shop. I would have have enjoyed the plant tour you guys took. I enjoyed the Ohio tour back in 2008 National Meet.
I'm afraid to dig it out fearing further damage, but what I can see of it looks EXACTLY like a BB. Had I not seen it fly up from the road behind a vehicle and curve back down right on my windshield, I'd have sworn it was an act of vandalism. However, there were few vehicles on the road and this was out in the middle of NOWHERE (as most of the drive from Texas to Alabama seemed to be!). For a split second, I thought it was a big bug and the damage was a just bug juice. 734 milliseconds later, I visualized the six $100 bills falling from my wallet. :( Here's a closer pic...

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #206
I'm sorry I didn't get everyone's photo with their truck, but here are a few, in no particular order:

Joe (csimo)

Paul (paulmooney) and Tracy

Craig (OwnerCS) and Adam

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #208
Doug (skip), (his days-old DCP Ridge is just behind Michael's)

and your's truly (oarnold)

·
Registered
4,208 Posts
Missed you Fred, thought sure you would make the trip!!
I would have made this trip but health problems this past year have kept me from doing things. I just started doing normal driving last month.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #212
Saturday morning we had breakfast at The Victoria, then headed down the street to the world's largest chair.

We then played a game of outrageous proportions: (write your own cutline)

·
Premium Member
17,033 Posts
Missed you Fred, thought sure you would make the trip!!
at Fred's normal driving speed, the trip would take him 5 days.... each way! :act030:

I would have made this trip but health problems this past year have kept me from doing things. I just started doing normal driving last month.
sorry to hear that

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #214
We then visited an antique covered bridge in nearby Oxford, but could not get our Ridgelines near it. From there we headed west, just outside of Birmingham, to the Barber Vintage Motorsports Museum. http://www.barbermotorsports.com/museum.php

It was incredible.

Here is part of a sculpture outside the museum:

·
Registered
218 Posts
Saturday morning we had breakfast at The Victoria, then headed down the street to the world's largest chair.

We then played a game of outrageous proportions: (write your own cutline)
God...... is that you? :act024:

·
Registered
3,656 Posts
Want more pics? Here's a pic. I am sooo cautious about glass breakage considering my back luck with glass. Had to replace the windshield in my '07 Ridgeline due to a rock. Rocks killed TWO windshields on the little white Mazda truck I had last year (the second was within days after I replaced the first one). Insurance also replaced the back glass in my '07 Ridgeline that exploded without obvious cause. So, it looks like this windshield replacement is going to be on my tab. It happened just outside of Jackson, MS on my way back to Texas. I was absolutely ill over it. Up close it almost looks like a BB, but I think it's actually a chunk of lead from a tire weight. Whatever it is, it's still in the windshield. I saw it coming - just one of those freak, random things that couldn't have been avoided. I'm very cautious about keeping my distance behind people - especially things with big tires. A small white van was passing me about 70 MPH on I-20 when this was kicked up.
I know that that just plain s*cks. I hope they fix it as good as they did mine. 2 rainstorms - no leaks or wind noise. 825 miles with a new windshield. I did put rainx on it at the Victoria before heading to Atlanta and again before leaving Atlanta.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Mary and I got home tonight. Had a great ride back and got to do some extra sight seeing. Highly recommend going to Cheaha State Park (highest point in Alabama). Well worth the time. We had great time and enjoyed meeting new people. I look forward to future meets and hope to see more of you at the next one. Also thanks to everyone that put this together and Honda for allowing us to tour your facility.

Attachments

·
Registered
11,306 Posts
Mary and I got home tonight. Had a great ride back and got to do some extra sight seeing. Highly recommend going to Cheaha State Park (highest point in Alabama). Well worth the time. We had great time and enjoyed meeting new people. I look forward to future meets and hope to see more of you at the next one. Also thanks to everyone that put this together and Honda for allowing us to tour your facility.
Enjoyed meeting you and Mary, sorry we had to leave right after the tour. Hope to see you in the mountains some time!!!

·
Premium Member
17,033 Posts
I hope everyone is ok
We will try to get to the dragon in sept,

You meet the nicest people on a Honda
unless you are slowing down a clean run on the dragon with the Civic group. They'll crawl right up your tailpipe and then they'll get nasty.

EDIT: notice I said "they" :) obviously I wouldn't.... ok, I likely would too

201 - 220 of 232 Posts