Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Will you attend the 2010 RL plant tour and meet

• Total voters
221 - 232 of 232 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,880 Posts
Visited my buddy at the local glass company today. The chip was too deep to repair - it pierced the plastic laminate in between layers of glass. He said I wouldn't be happy with it (and he's probably right). State Farm will only pay for the price of an aftermarket windshield, so I'll pay the difference for "genuine Honda" glass. I'm just picky like that! I'm waiting on a callback to see how much more it's going to cost me - I'm estimating $100-$150.

·
Premium Member
17,033 Posts
Visited my buddy at the local glass company today. The chip was too deep to repair - it pierced the plastic laminate in between layers of glass. He said I wouldn't be happy with it (and he's probably right). State Farm will only pay for the price of an aftermarket windshield, so I'll pay the difference for "genuine Honda" glass. I'm just picky like that! I'm waiting on a callback to see how much more it's going to cost me - I'm estimating $100-$150.
Honda uses aftermarket vendors for their windshields when assembling. As many threads discussing Honda glass in the past have brought to light... Honda windshields are not so great. And here you are wanting to pay extra for it. Honda loves your deep and open wallet. :act060:

·
Super Moderator
12,880 Posts
Honda uses aftermarket vendors for their windshields when assembling. As many threads discussing Honda glass in the past have brought to light... Honda windshields are not so great. And here you are wanting to pay extra for it. Honda loves your deep and open wallet. :act060:
Yup. I'd buy Honda tires and Honda gasoline, too, if they sold it. I'm just obsessive about things like that. On a more serious note, I remember not caring much for the Pilkington windshield that was installed on my '07. There was more road noise and optical distortion compared to the original. It also bugged me that I always has a "Pilkington" logo instead of an "H" logo floating in front of me. Think of it as shopping at Abercrombie instead of Aeropostale. Same junk, but one is more desirable and expensive. We all waste money on something. :D

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
If a second tour is ever arranged I will have to make all efforts to get to it. This looked like way too much fun.

·
Registered
3,656 Posts
I thought I had 2 pictures of the caravan of Ridgelines having to make U turns to get to the right spot (Oneal turn down US78 instead of I20 and we all had to make a U turn, then Csimo guess the wrong plant entrance for the tour so we all randomly U turned at the gate.) The might be on the wife's camera my camera was in my truck at the Glass Doctor.

I think I might hold the record for riding the the most ROC owners trucks that are not my own. 3 in St. Louis, 2 in Columbus, 2 at Pigeon Forge, 1 at a mini meet in Conway. (went to dinner and lunch in someone else's Ridgeline)

I sat in Dusty's in Memphis but did not ride in it so I didn't count it. (he showed off most of his mods) - If sitting in them counted I think I might have that record too. I think I was in every one that was worked on in shop at Huey's in St. Louis. I found out how to take almost the whole Ridgeline apart at that meet. The Honda Design team all got real funny puzzled looks when they saw the rust on a White Ridgeline bumper - (it turned out that they has sanded a problem on the tailgate and the metal filing fell under the back bumper trim and when it got wet it rusted. I enjoyed watching ChrisM show his mods in St. Louis - I wonder how many Gary Flint did to his Red Ridgeline after taking closer looks at ChrisM fine engineering - It might have been the beer, but ChrisM was ready to help me take my console out to show everyone how easy it was but lightning got closer and we all moved away from the vehicle that were on the outside wall of the parking deck (where mine was) and closer to the swimming pool of beer.

·
Registered
3,852 Posts

·
Registered
11,306 Posts
I was just saying that to CUinaRidge in chat. Plan it out far enough and it will be the next national meet.....many will come!
Sounds like a plan!! Problem is that the plant is close to nothing. Lots of driving to do anything from Anniston, Oxford, or Birmingham. There are some state parks in the vicinity with camping, cabins, lodge, restaurant, but still and hour drive to the plant. I tried to get into Guntersville, AL state park last year and no go!! Booked up for a year, really nice place!! That would give me a chance to see Carl and Raz again!!!

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
Sounds like a plan!! Problem is that the plant is close to nothing. Lots of driving to do anything from Anniston, Oxford, or Birmingham. There are some state parks in the vicinity with camping, cabins, lodge, restaurant, but still and hour drive to the plant. I tried to get into Guntersville, AL state park last year and no go!! Booked up for a year, really nice place!! That would give me a chance to see Carl and Raz again!!!
hour drive...mmmm don't know If I could handle that ?? :rolleyes:

I was telling Kevin that we should make it the "Ridgelines come Home meet"

Driving up to Swartswood Duncan ??

:act024:

·
Administrator
7,334 Posts
Here's the picture that the Honda people took at the plant.

They forgot to get a list of our names when we arrived and I've been asked to give them a list. Unfortunately I don't know all the names. Additionally Chuck (the plant VP) has asked for a list of email addresses of the attendees so he can follow up with us on some issues.

If you were on the tour I'd appreciate it if you would send me your name and email address (assuming you want Chuck to have it) to [email protected]

Attachments

·
Registered
11,306 Posts
hour drive...mmmm don't know If I could handle that ?? :rolleyes:

I was telling Kevin that we should make it the "Ridgelines come Home meet"

Driving up to Swartswood Duncan ??

:act024:
Not sure I am up for that one!! Planing to go to Biloxi this October for ROCing the Coast!!

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #232
I found an old video of a Ridgeline being assembled in a transition phase of moving RL production to Alabama. It is described as a separate "pre-production" assembly line.

The video shows a bed assembly being moved into position and lowered into the truck, work on a driver's side B pillar (probably seat belt), and work being done in the rear window, rear valence area.

Here is a link, but you'll have to open a short video of a Pilot final inspection, which brings up the video player. Then there is a link to the RL video "Honda prepares to build Ridgeline pickups at Lincoln, Ala., plant" on the right.

http://videos.al.com/birmingham-news/2012/07/watch_part_of_the_final_inspec.html

221 - 232 of 232 Posts