Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I'm a first time user so if I make any mistakes please forgive me. I have as stated above I went to start my truck this morning and no air was coming out of the vents. I tried the a/c and still nothing. Of course it was around freezing this morning and my grandkids were cold along with me. I've changed out some fuses underneath the hood and it still can't figure out why it won't blow air. I can feel the heat at the vent but not blowing. I'd be very thankful for any help.

Respectfully,
Johnny767

·
Registered
3 Posts
Johnny,

The heater doesn't come on for a while after you start the truck when it's very cold. It will start working once the engine warms up enough.

Could that be the problem? I hope so!

Cheers,

Chris

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Blower motor clearly isn't working. Check the plug down behind the passenger side left kick panel.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Besides fuses, I believe there are also relays that may cause this failure.... do a search for "fan relay" or similar. There are many threads on this subject, but I am not that familiar personally. Wish I could help more. :(

·
Registered
2014 Sport
3,606 Posts
Do you hear the fan motor at all? Do you hear it as you turn up the fan speed? If your motor is operating but no flow of air look to your cabin filter. They can get real dirty real quick. A severely dirty filter can pretty much stop 90% of the air flow in the truck.

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
Fuses, cabin air filter, all easy stuff to check. But the early production models had a recall on the blower motor (I don't believe the 2010's were included) where the wiring had a problem. Take it by your dealer and ask them to take a look. If it's bad, twist their arms a little bit and you might could get them to pick up some of the cost.

CHip H.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm not a ridgeline expert yet however with my previous Honda's if your not getting any air coming out of any vent its your HVAC thermal resistor. Normally it's located right next to the blower motor underneath the glove box. A quick google search and you should see a 3d diagram of its location.

If you have a test light you can test for 12V and ground at your blower motor plug. 12v's will be coming from the relay/fuse and your ground will come from the resistor. No ground=bad resistor...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts