·
Registered
9,967 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Good review except:

"...fuel economy as good as 9.8 L/100 km (29 mpg) on the highway."

29 mpg...? That's a bit high. Mine has never given me more than 21 mpg (see my fuelly page -- link in sig).

·
Premium Member
7,780 Posts
Good review except:

29 mpg...? That's a bit high. Mine has never given me more than 21 mpg (see my fuelly page -- link in sig).
I think the Canadian gallon has more volume than our gallon. Also, the Ridgeline does have a ladder frame under it. It just happens to be integrated into the design of the unit body.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Good review except:

I think the Canadian gallon has more volume than our gallon. Also, the Ridgeline does have a ladder frame under it. It just happens to be integrated into the design of the unit body.
Yes, Mike is correct. That's 29 MPG Canadian or 24 MPG US.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Yes, Mike is correct. That's 29 MPG Canadian or 24 MPG US.
Thanks for the clarification guys. I didn't put two & two together even though it did say 9.8 L/100 km first. I think the 29 mpg in parantheses sort of fooled me into thinking that was the US equiv. NOT! :)

Good job noy65 on getting 23 mpg with your Ridge! You have to be very patient to drive even 65 mph on the freeway ... but as you've indicated, the Ridge can get good mileage when driven reasonable and at slower speeds. I normally set the cruise about 78 mph so I'm sure that's not so good for the fuel economy.

:)

·
Registered
140 Posts
Good Review.
Its funny but being a canuck myself, i've noticed that the canadian press really appreciates the ridge whereas it doesn't seem to get as many positive responses in the US press.

In my neck of the woods there are Ridge's everywhere - perhaps i notice them more now that i'm driving one - but it really appears that over the last year there is a pile of them on the road around here. The local honda dealership concurs - they have a hard time keeping them on the lot.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Nothing any good Ridgeliner doesn't already know :D;act028:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Good Review.
Its funny but being a canuck myself, i've noticed that the canadian press really appreciates the ridge whereas it doesn't seem to get as many positive responses in the US press.

In my neck of the woods there are Ridge's everywhere - perhaps i notice them more now that i'm driving one - but it really appears that over the last year there is a pile of them on the road around here. The local honda dealership concurs - they have a hard time keeping them on the lot.
I've noticed that too!! As a frequent traveller TO AB AND Manitoba, I can't help but notice a lot more RL's than I see in the states. Kinda of ironic in a way; if ANYONE needs a big, megatough, earthfuc&er, it's some of those chaps working the oil fields in winter in northern Edmonton. But more often than not they are content with their plethora of RL's!!

Smart Fellas!

Except for the metric system for the love of God.
and Clamato juice....
and gravy on fries...WTF ;)

·
Premium Member
7,780 Posts
Poutine... God's gift to Canadians :act035:

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Poutine is disgusting...it's more of an East Coast thing. Although at New York fires in the BC lower mainland you can get it. Wendy's used to offer it, but I think they stopped due to poor sales.

Had to stop deep frying my fries inside, it was always melting my igloo.

Ok, that aboot enough of the Canadian stereotypes. :act063:

·
Registered
160 Posts
36 degrees C (that's 97 F) yesterday in the middle of BC... same forecasted tomorrow; no igloos here lately! just some wildfires...

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Great article. Really enjoyed it. We had at least two tanks fill up with over 23+mph this past trip. In the mountains we got as low as 19.6mpg.

In town it is a different situation, we will get as low as 14mpg. If you cant get over 47mph in town, you stay in 4th gear..............burns more gas the less time it spends in 5th gear and below 2000 rpm's.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have visited your link and read review.it is too good.i really like Honda Ridegeline.The balance between form and function is something automotive designers are constantly wrestling with. In the case of the 2010 Honda Ridgeline, function is the clear winner. The midsize Ridgeline pickup may lack the macho attitude of many rivals, but it compensates with a healthy dose of pure unadulterated practicality.
----------------------
2013 MERCEDES BENZ SL-CLASS

1 - 19 of 19 Posts