Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 RTL, i tried to "sync" it with my Genie overhead garage door and I can`t get it to work. I have my wifes 2006 Acura TL connected and it works great. I would assume these systems are similar, I followed the directions in the RL owners manual and the manual for the door opener since it has rolling codes. No luck. Anyone else have trouble with their home link?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a 2010 RTL, i tried to "sync" it with my Genie overhead garage door and I can`t get it to work. I have my wifes 2006 Acura TL connected and it works great. I would assume these systems are similar, I followed the directions in the RL owners manual and the manual for the door opener since it has rolling codes. No luck. Anyone else have trouble with their home link?
You have to run through the whole process, not just the rolling code instructions. I was going nuts trying to figure it out, but this solved the problem on two vehicles.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I'll try again with my 9 year old son. He really is an expert with electronics and computers, follows directions better than me too. lol

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, went back out and tried again with my 9 year old son. This time I did the step I thought was useless by putting a remote close to the home link so it could tell me the opener has a rolling code. Then pushed the learn button the opener and within 30 seconds the home link button for 2 seconds. Bingo it worked. Didn`t have to do that nonsense with the remote with my wifes TL, it had instructions for a rolling code opener I believe.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts