Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is the 2012 Back to the Beach Car Show. Lex Luthor and I compete in this show every year. If anyone is interested in viewing the cars see this link: 2012 Back to the Beach

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Cool pics. What is on your display board?

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Rusty, thanks, the board is plaques from some of the larger car show in the area. Also some dash plaques to cover space. I didn't want to make it to busy. This show had 434 entries. Hope all is well with you. I sure wish we had more interested in this hobby down here.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
Tony - great seeing the Ridgeline at the show. There were some really nice vehicles there from the photos you posted. Hope to see you in Oct.

·
Premium Member
11,421 Posts
It's been more years than I care to admit since I was on highway 90, I would have slammed on my brakes if I had seen that!
Not likely since I traveled mostly with other servicemen from Keesler AFB in either a '57 Chevy or '63' Ford Galaxie Convertible.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wish you could join us for ROC'n the Coast in Oct. They will have 20 Thousand old car on the beach. We have a ridgeline rally every year during Cruisin' the Coast. here is the link for it. ROC'n the Coast We would love for you to make this one. Follow the link on that page and check out the pictures.

Thanks for stopping by

It's been more years than I care to admit since I was on highway 90, I would have slammed on my brakes if I had seen that!
Not likely since I traveled mostly with other servicemen from Keesler AFB in either a '57 Chevy or '63' Ford Galaxie Convertible.

·
Premium Member
11,421 Posts
Wish you could join us for ROC'n the Coast in Oct. They will have 20 Thousand old car on the beach. We have a ridgeline rally every year during Cruisin' the Coast. here is the link for it. ROC'n the Coast We would love for you to make this one. Follow the link on that page and check out the pictures.

Thanks for stopping by
Thanks! The wife & I have talked about doing NO. She has never been there.
We are more likely to fly though, but it would still be worth taking a rental down to the coast.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks! The wife & I have talked about doing NO. She has never been there.
We are more likely to fly though, but it would still be worth taking a rental down to the coast.
That would be great, just let me know if you will attend. Hope to see you there

·
Registered
54 Posts
When is or was the New Orleans show?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Unless you got an racing engine in there, I don't see the point of leaving the hood propped open!

Am I missing something?

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Back to the Beach is in June, usually the first weekend of the month. This is a big outdoor show for Louisiana 500 -600 entries. The largest outdoor show in the state. 2011 we had Dennis Gage from My Classic Car down to film his show which aired in March of 2012.

ROC'n the Coast is a Show that we have been doing for about 5 years. We meet the same weekend as Cruisin' the Coast which brings in many thousands of entries. Our show is done that weekend to help encourage the Ridgeline owners to get together for ROC'n the Coast but also to see all of the muscle cars and trucks.

We would love to see anyone with an interest in their RL to attend ROC'n the Coast

Back to the Beach has a great show and we would love to have some of the closer RL owners attend so we can represent The Gulf Coast Region. Jimmy (lex luther) and I attend every year. Here is the link to Back to the Beach so you can see some of the entries.

Thanks for asking about the shows and I hope more would like to attend.

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
Unless you got an racing engine in there, I don't see the point of leaving the hood propped open!

Am I missing something?
You'd have to see Tony's under-the-hood light show to fully appreciate it! I missed ROC'n The Coast last year -- was out of town -- but I'm planning to make it again this year (to let those showboys see what a Ridgeline looks like when it's used to haul chain saws, mulch, lumber & 4,000 loads of furniture)! It still cleans up okay :)

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Things are not the same when you are not there. I am glad you will be there and I know Jimmy will too

You'd have to see Tony's under-the-hood light show to fully appreciate it! I missed ROC'n The Coast last year -- was out of town -- but I'm planning to make it again this year (to let those showboys see what a Ridgeline looks like when it's used to haul chain saws, mulch, lumber & 4,000 loads of furniture)! It still cleans up okay :)

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Am I missing something?
Rickman that is a good point, however when you are in a car or truck show points are taken off if you do not open your hood. This show was one of those type shows. Thanks for you input point well taken

1 - 19 of 19 Posts