Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
2104 Honda Ridgeline SE
1,801 Posts
Was is a perfect fit or did you have to make it work like some earlier posts suggested? I want that look for my 2011 RTS!

·
Premium Member
2104 Honda Ridgeline SE
1,801 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
The weather was nice today, so I installed the new 2012 chrome grill on my 2009. I think it looks much better than the old one.
Very nice!!
I like that.:act035:

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Premium Member
2104 Honda Ridgeline SE
1,801 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,360 Posts
I am assuming that this grill will not fit 2006-2008 Ridgelines. Is that correct?

·
Registered
516 Posts
I am assuming that this grill will not fit 2006-2008 Ridgelines. Is that correct?
Yes that is correct. I just did the change from my 2007 to a 2012 since my truck was hit and the bumper is totally different. The upright pieces in between the grill and the headlight that are chrome on the 2012 front end is part of the grill. Where as the painted uprights on the 2006-2008 are part of the whole bumper assembly. Also the 2006-2008 bumpers do not have DRL as where the 2009-2012 have them and Foglights in the bumper..

·
Premium Member
1,660 Posts
That really looks great. May have to put that on my mods list..

·
Premium Member
2,146 Posts
Looks great! I really think RL looks so much better with new style grill vs 'HDMI' grill!

·
Premium Member
2104 Honda Ridgeline SE
1,801 Posts
Added the 2012 Grille yesterday along with the OEM Fog Lights to my 2011 RTS. Install for both items was straight forward. (I grazed my knuckles a few times with the wiring harness connections). The included installation instructions for the fogs were excellent.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,146 Posts
Awesome OEM upgrades!

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Added the 2012 Grille yesterday along with the OEM Fog Lights to my 2011 RTS. Install for both items was straight forward. (I grazed my knuckles a few times with the wiring harness connections). The included installation instructions for the fogs were excellent.
Looks Great! I have a question for you when you installed the front bumper back on. Where you able to get the area below the turn signal to fit together tight? Mine doesn't appear to fit real tight right in that spot. Maybe it was always like that, I'm not sure. Here is a pic of mine, maybe you could compare it? Like I said maybe it was always that way, I never really noticed. Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
516 Posts
It looks like you have one of the tabs on the bumper cover bent over. That's what looks to be the problem. Pull the bumper out on that edge and see if it is straight or not. Just go slow when you put it back on. Good Luck

·
Registered
189 Posts
Looks Great! I have a question for you when you installed the front bumper back on. Where you able to get the area below the turn signal to fit together tight? Mine doesn't appear to fit real tight right in that spot. Maybe it was always like that, I'm not sure. Here is a pic of mine, maybe you could compare it? Like I said maybe it was always that way, I never really noticed. Thanks

Hey, I had the same prob.... the trick is by the lights... the tabs as mentioned have to go up and over kinda... you might have to loosen it all up and put in place... im gonna wait till it warms up and try again... but I feel your pain, it was perfect before... even when i took off the bumper was kinda hard at those points.... hope this helps

1 - 20 of 25 Posts