Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We will soon be adding a used 2012 odyssey touring model to our family fleet of vehicles. anyone have any opinions on these or what to look for when we go to inspect it? it will be replacing an 08 town and country touring (that is eating oil at the rate of 1 quart per month...and the forums and posts all say this is normal for the 3.8L chrysler engine.........?wtf?)

it's low miles and we'll be inspecting it on thursday.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i'm thinking perhaps i should have started this thread differently. I have the googles... i can find other forums... but thanks for the links.

This will be our 3rd honda. we had an 06 accord coupe that i traded in to get my 06 ridgeline in 2010. when faced with having to replace our other vehicle, i told my wife to just go out and pick something. She had it narrowed down to a GMC Acadia, honda pilot (2012/13 body style), honda odyssey, or some other van. I quickly ruled out buying a GM anything because of the track record of GM. It pretty much was between a pilot and an odyssey. I have 3 small kids. A pilot is essentially a minivan in denial and has a crappy 3rd row. really any SUV with a 3rd row is a minivan in denial that lacks some of the benefits of a minivan..........like sliding doors and cargo space.

Now with having said that, I've had tons of small issues with my ridgeline, as is to be expected from a first model year that was made very early (may 2005). from perusing the odyssey forums, it appears that most of the issues are with ones that are 10+ years old. so, from that perspective, how do the newer odysseys compare to the ridgelines? i assume it should be lightyears ahead, based on the ridgeline being a red-headed stepchild and the odyssey being a flagship.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts