Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a weird experience this morning with my 2012 ridgeline (10,000 miles). Started the ridgeline to warm up.. about 5 min. Got in smelled something burnt, kind of like rubber. Didn't think much of it because sometimes people in the neighborhood burn trash. Put it in reverse and noticed that the VTM-4, check engine, and the traction control lights were all on solid. Tried to accelerate but the truck wouldn't go over 10 mph or so. Turned it around and parked it. Called the tow truck and had it delivered to the local Honda dealer for a little investigation. They called later the same day, they had cleared the codes and it was running fine at the shop. They wanted the service manager to drive it home and see if it acts up in the morning in the cold, about 1 degree F around here the last couple of days. Anybody ever have an issue like this? I did a quick search and couldn't find a thread with the same issue.

· Registered
5,700 Posts
I had a weird experience this morning with my 2012 ridgeline (10,000 miles). Started the ridgeline to warm up.. about 5 min. Got in smelled something burnt, kind of like rubber. Didn't think much of it because sometimes people in the neighborhood burn trash. Put it in reverse and noticed that the VTM-4, check engine, and the traction control lights were all on solid. Tried to accelerate but the truck wouldn't go over 10 mph or so. Turned it around and parked it. Called the tow truck and had it delivered to the local Honda dealer for a little investigation. They called later the same day, they had cleared the codes and it was running fine at the shop. They wanted the service manager to drive it home and see if it acts up in the morning in the cold, about 1 degree F around here the last couple of days. Anybody ever have an issue like this? I did a quick search and couldn't find a thread with the same issue.
I'd be really concerned about the burnt smell (connector melt down maybe?). Make sure they are aware of this & inspect under dash thoroughly for any signs of burned connectors. Make sure they tell you what codes were being thrown & let us know what those were. You might have been tossed into some kind of limp mode... but others here know more about that. Stand by for more input.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.