Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve searched around a bit and I have found several posts about adding a nav unit in, but I haven’t seen anyone replacing the nav in their 2012. Really I just want to get a whole new HU(nav isn’t needed really but need Bluetooth since my phone doesn’t have an auxiliary port for music) but if it has nav that’s a plus. My biggest thing is I’m not car savvy and barely tech savvy. I know enough about both to make it by, but I don’t know what to do for this instance. I know Best Buy usually jacks prices up, but is it my best bet to take it to someone and have it done. And also what Unit does anyone recommend? Thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sony makes some great receivers and they look more OEM than most. I searched for awhile and all of the Pioneer & Alpine units looked cheap and tacky. I got the AX8000 because the screen is the same size as the Ridgeline’s radio cutout and looks less out of place. I still have to adjust it so it sits a little lower but I’m pretty happy with it. The downside is the resolution is low and it’s not a capacitive screen but neither is the factory radio and those still look great. I got it at best buy and found a local place to install it. Install was $150 not counting the SXM Module, steering wheel control adapter and dash kit.

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
This looks great. I agree that the stock CarPlay head until (kenwood etc) looks too small with RTL with Nav opening.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts